Here are instructions for using TELENET. There are some very basic things, which most people already know, and some other things, which even the most dedicated hackers have probably never even heard of. This includes things such as international access, etc. Well, have fun.
THE TELENET CONNECTION
INTERNATIONAL ADDRESSING/INTERNATIONAL ACCESS PROCEDURES
I. TELENET INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS FORMAT
---------------------------- Data Network
| Identification Code (DNIC)
| ------------------- Area Code
| | ------------- DTE Address
| | |
| | | ----- Port Address
| | | |
| | | |
DDDD AAA HHHHH PP
----- Optional Subaddress
Field for Packet Mode DTE
Example: Telenet International
212 141 3110 21200141
909 84 3110 90900084
II. ACCESS TO OVERSEAS PUBLIC DATA NETWORKS
1. Turn on the terminal and coupler.
2. Dial the nearest Telenet access number (See Telenet Public Dial listing).
When you hear a high-pitched tone, place the telephone receiver in the coupler.
For Data Sets (Bell 103 or 113 type), depress the data button.
3. Type Two carriage returns (CR).
4. Telenet will give you a port identification number and ask you to identify your terminal type in the two or four character id for your terminal followed by a carriage return (CR) or type carriage return (CR).
TERMINAL = AJ63(CR)
5. After Telenet prompts with a '@' type 'ID', skip a space (SP) and type your password followed by a carriage return. (Contact your GTE Telenet Representative to obtain a required caller paid ID.)
Type in your password.
(EX.) PASSWORD = 123456(CR)
6. After Telenet prompts with an @, type a C. skip a space and type the network address of the computer you wish to access, followed by a carriage return (CR).
Note: Your International address will follow a format such as:
020801234567890 for France/Transpac
023421234567890 for United Kingdom/British Telecom 026241234567890 for Germany/Datex-P
7. Telenet will respond with a connection message. You are now ready to begin your conversation with the host computer.
8. To disconnect from your computer, log off as usual. Telenet will send you a disconnected message.
Hang up to disconnect from Telenet.
(CR) = Carriage return
(SP) = Space