I've been thinking of putting together a research group to work on white papers about various topics and post the results at UGN Security. A group of maybe 3-6 people tops, who know their stuff, and are willing to put in a little effort and use the UGN Security community in a efficient and productive manner. We could have something like a monthly topic, then go out and do research on it (if you know what I mean!) and come together to produce a detailed white paper to describe what we found. I'm not talking about ftp commands, and explaining TCP/IP to noobs. More like current trends in the Securite field. The latest exploits, firewalls, IDSs, worms, wireless, bla bla.

The way I see it, a lot of us here are pretty skilled, and getting together in a group would probably produce some great result. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about some LOD type of shit. Think of it as something like BSRF used to be before. They had some pretty cool files. and one of those guys went on to have a book published (even though it's crap). Anyways, if you are interested in doing something like this let me know, email me at [email protected] or reply here. let me know what you guys think of this idea.