I mentioned this post to Energy, when he read it he said to me "You should have told him about TCP Wrappers". Which had completely slipped my mind. Set up tcp wrappers and you'll be a little safer then you would have normally been.

If you aren't sure what tcp wrappers are, they are the /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow file. In /etc/hosts.deny I'd put in ALL: ALL. In the /etc/hosts.allow file I'd put in in.telnetd:IP.ADD.RE.SS that you'll be coming from at school. If you don't know the full thing or if it's subject to change, you can just put the first 3 octects in there. IE. As opposed to 127.0.0.1, you could put 127.0.0. That would work. Also, you'd need to give permission for any other services you wanted to log into. Such as ftp or mailserver or anything. Or, if you want to be lazy about it. In hosts.deny just put in in.telnetd: ALL.
The way it is read is the first part is the service and the second part is "Who can access this" or "Who is blocked from this". It reads the hosts.deny file first too. Then any rules in hosts.allow overwrite the hosts.deny rules. I hope that made some semblance of sense. If not, let me know and I'll clarify.