Quote:
Personaly I do not belive anyone should ever do it. Not to see if a person on trial realy did it, or even to just check things out, or to get rich. You never know what you could change.
At first I was in agreement, but then I thought about it more, and now I'm not so sure. (Maybe I should keep thinking first).
If no-one ever does it, then how would we know for sure that it works, or what it would really be like? Also, every decision we make changes things all the time, and we have no idea how what we do is changing the possible outcome of things. How do you know things woouldn't turn out for the better? Besides, it's an alternate universe. It has no effect on the timeline you came from, so it's not like you'll disappear if you kill your parents.
Quote:
The missing word is parallel. Par and several other people have used it, so you all mean the same thing. It's parallel universes though.
I prefer the term alternate to parallel.
Quote:
And check out some stuff by Michio Kaku and superstring theory. Superstring doesn't directly relate to this (though dimensions-wise it does), but it's interesting nonetheless, and Michio has written extensively on multiple dimentions/parallel universes, though how many of these are online is unknown to me.
I have some books by him. Good stuff.
Quote:
PS, my military hat makes me feel smart and sexy ::hides in corner::
LOL!
Quote:
Isn't superstring theory an effort to create the unified theory( aka theory of everything)? I remeber reading an article by him on the net once blue, I will try to find it again and post a link up. Superstring theory--a world based on vibrating strings existing in ten dimensional hyperspace--all seems a bit silly when you say it like that.
Yeah, pretty much. M-Theory is more advanced though. Look that up.