I want your opinion on this....
My machine just randomly reboots all the time all. It is always different circumstances aswell. I was listening to music on winamp and programming and assignment in Borland JBuilder earlier and it rebooted for no reason at all.

It's done it before aswell, there have been times when i have left it on its own doing nothing and i come back to find it has rebooted and waiting on the XP login screen.

But it isn't restricted to just Windows either. Yesterday i was trying to setup the machine to dual boot XP and Linux i was booting from Core Distro boot disk pressed backspace to fix a typo and it rebooted.

What could it be?? The power supply, processor, RAM, Mobo. I want to fix it but i don't know where to start.

Any of you experienced this before...

Machine Specs:
Athlon XP 1700+
512mb PC2100 DDR RAM (2x256mb stick different manufactuers)
Maxtor 120gb 8mbcache 7200rpm HD
GeForce 4 MX 440 64mb

(will check Mobo make and RAM asap)

thanks...
"Mrs. Jones, I'm sorry to inform you, but we've run the tests, and it appears that you have XP. Now don't cry - it's bad, but it's not a death sentence. Modern science has advanced in recent years, and it's now possible to live a reasonably happy life with XP. And there's a survivor's group that you'll want to meet as well."