Quote:
The economy sucks right now, wanna know why? All of our businesses are moving to India and Pakistan (some even mexico) due to cheaper labor... That's why we're fucked...
That's due to a mixture of two things: Americans demand fucking high wages, and the taxes take away half of it.

Quote:
Kerry seems to think that parents have no rights with what their brats do; I'm sorry, if it's a part of me I have every right to ducktape it to a bed for 9 months then adobpt the kid out...
You know.. I think I'm gonna have to agree with you Gizmo

Quote:
Did you know that about 80% of the mexicans on wellfare are illegals?
I don't have a problem with Mexicans or Blacks in our country, the problem is them coming just to get on welfare. I personally don't like welfare, but I think that if you immigrate, you shouldn't be eligible for welfare..

Quote:
This whole pro-life/pro-choice situation bothers me. To me it seems that Democrates should be pro-life while republicans should be pro-choice. I mean Republicans want less government less taxes and people to take responsibility for thier actions. They are. They are choosing to take responsibility and terminate thier pregnancy instead of creating more of a burden on the state. While Democrates don't mind creating more taxes and governmental institutions to take care of the single mothers and welfare recipients.
The question is really whether you think that a fetus is alive. I don't understand (just about) everyone in each of those parties seems to agree on it..

Quote:
red mage; I think you fail to understand what child labor laws prevented. Its not stopping kids from working at McDonalds after school. Google some stuff on the internet yourself and read about the types of jobs and hours/conditions children endured before such laws.
But it is stopping kids from working at McDonalds after school. Couldn't they at least specify that you can't work at a factory or something? In Colorado at least, I can't get /any/ part-time job until I'm 16 and I can't work more than 20 hours a week until I'm 18(so the only job I can do is yard work, lawn mowing, ect).