Quote:
Originally posted by Red Mage:
That's due to a mixture of two things: Americans demand fucking high wages, and the taxes take away half of it.
I dissagree, we demand higher wages because the cost of living is a bitch and a half. Working $8/hr for 40 hours a week you have at MAX $1000 per month after taxes; that covers rent ($400-$1500 depending on where you're at) and hopefully food. They want lower wages? Lower taxes and cost of living costs.

Quote:
You know.. I think I'm gonna have to agree with you Gizmo
See, at least bush is anal about abortions, never have to worry about that there ...

Quote:
I don't have a problem with Mexicans or Blacks in our country, the problem is them coming just to get on welfare. I personally don't like welfare, but I think that if you immigrate, you shouldn't be eligible for welfare..
Agreed, if you wheren't born here you don't qualify to run for president, wtf should you be able to drain our economy? They come here for "better chances of making a life", then they sit and drain up public resources because their too fuckin lazy to do anything but have sex and shoot people (I'm mainly talking California; have you ever BEEN to socal? Jesus Christ)...

Quote:
The question is really whether you think that a fetus is alive. I don't understand (just about) everyone in each of those parties seems to agree on it..
Ask a scientist if a worm is alive... It moves, it thinks, it consumes, etc... A fetus moves from day one, it technically thinks as it's a programmed response from the egg and sperm, and it consumes as it takes resources from the mother.

Quote:
But it is stopping kids from working at McDonalds after school. Couldn't they at least specify that you can't work at a factory or something? In Colorado at least, I can't get /any/ part-time job until I'm 16 and I can't work more than 20 hours a week until I'm 18(so the only job I can do is yard work, lawn mowing, ect).
I mean no offence here towards you; but if the choice is between a minor who has a place to live and a person on their own, in this economy, the minor can go fuck himself ...