Well I have a file on my desktop with no recognizable icon and it reads "Ettercap" under it; and I'm not trying to unzip it with any zip tool cause Its obviously not a zip file. Now that "tar is a *nix utility" explains a little. The full name of the file is ettercap-NG-0.7.0_pre1.tar and the properties states "Type of file: GZ file." So I then download Tar and now I know why it obviously didn't work all I got we're source files. This is what is listed on the site I got it from(Ettercap):

"Short Description: Ettercap is a suite for man in the middle attacks on LAN. It features sniffing of live connections, content filtering on the fly and many other interesting tricks.
It supports active and passive dissection of many protocols (even ciphered ones) and includes many feature for network and host analysis.

Interface: All this feature are integrated with a easy-to-use and pleasureful ncurses/gtk interfaces. (see screenshots)

Platform: Linux 2.0.x
Linux 2.2.x
Linux 2.4.x
Linux 2.6.x FreeBSD 4.x 5.x
OpenBSD 2.[789] 3.x
NetBSD 1.5 Mac OS X (darwin 1.3 1.4 5.1 6.x 7.x)
Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP
Solaris 2.x

Required Library: libpcap >= 0.8.1 and libnet >= 1.1.2
If you want SSH1 and/or HTTPS support, ettercap requires OpenSSL libraries"

Then theres a tab I could go to which offers differen't versions of Ettercap to download, mirrors, etc.

I do have Visual Studio 6.0. So all I do is copy and paste all the source, header, etc. files to a new file; compile and build and I should have my own Ettercap or something like it.....

I'm going to do what you say and see If i could fin a win32 binary for Ettercap...

Thanks for the quick response-damn!

peace

Flowbe1