UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
The History Thread...
by Gremelin
09/18/14 12:42 PM
Doom 3
by Cyrez
09/11/14 11:58 PM
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13370 - 10/23/03 03:10 AM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
again stick with the homebrew and such. Just paranoid b/c remember when MS got pissed and shut down a lot of sites that sold modchips and various sites linking to or posting info about hacking the xbox to play ROMs. Just stay away from rom talk, and no need to post scene releases or NFOs anymore. Realize that one contained technical info so I didn't say anything about it. Just a word of warning.

Sponsored Links

#13371 - 11/20/03 04:53 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
barret Offline

I have some questions to the pro's here

What loader is the best at this time?
(starcube, eurasia...)?

When can i expect to get this streaming thing work on PAL gamecubes with PAL games?

thx alot

#13372 - 11/24/03 04:50 AM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Chem Offline
UGN News Staff

Loc: Vagabond (Location Differs)
StarCube is just a group that releases GameCube ISO's, At the current time Every Game has been ripped and is easily found on the net.

Just about all ISO's come bundled with a loader,

Here's a bundle with some detailed instructions on running GameCube games vie PSO hack, plus some related programs and loaders:

http://156.34.68.117/GCube-Pack.rar

Oh, and for anyone looking for GameCube ISO's, please dont ask where to find them here.

#13373 - 12/03/03 06:56 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Chem: I am geting a GCN. Now I know I need the broadband adapter and the actual PSO 1&2 game in order to do this. About the loaders, seems I joined the scene in a time of drama. Could you explain what is everyone's deal right now and perhaps give some info links. I got these so far:

http://www.maxconsole.com
http://www.console-news.org
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gcdemos/
http://www.gamecube-scene.org/
http://gc-compat.webhop.net/

Oh and what the hell is this:
http://www.warppipe.com/news/

#13374 - 12/03/03 07:33 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

kk. figured out warp pipe. Did not realize that nintendo had no online service. However, warppipe lets you play against individuals over the internet it seems. For games like Mario Kart. I am sure this project will be very promising and will add several more games support. I am going to be sure to donate to this if they release a stable version atleast.

#13375 - 12/04/03 06:01 AM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Chem Offline
UGN News Staff

Will post huge post tommorow when I get a chance at break,

#13376 - 01/15/04 01:32 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
eNigMaII Offline

Loc: php
HI is there anyone who know some latest games please tell ok?

#13377 - 01/15/04 04:21 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Loc: Where ever Gizmo is
i found:
1. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
2. Star Trek: Shattered Universe
3. The Sims Bustin' Out
4. Mission Impossible - Operation Surma
5. Dot.Hack: Part 4 Quarantine
6. NFL Street

i'll post more for ya when i find them and when i wake up more and become unlazy or you can go on google and type "ps2 games" and it'll get u a bunch of sites that have all the gameing consoles on it.

Donate to the "Baby Trey's Digital Camera" fund here .

#13378 - 06/11/04 07:12 AM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
saab_rider Offline

Loc: China
Hello everyone, This is my first post I was browsing the net and I came across a post on a forum which claimed that you can backup GC games if you had nero 6, and a miniDVD-R (and a DVD burner ofcourse). This guy said that if you burn a GC image on a miniDVD, you won't need any mod chip and you can directly play the burnt miniDVD on the GC console with no mods at all. I downloaded a GC image off the net, and when I opened it, it turned out to be a .gcm format. Is there anyway for me to burn this image and play it on my console without using any mods or a PC network?

thanks!

#13379 - 06/11/04 08:29 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Jaspel Offline
UGN Poser

Loc: mn
Maybe because thats true, as you may or may not notice the last post was from Jan 15. btw there really isn't that much protection(encryption), as nintendo thought they would be safe, using such a different form-factor, its a standard industrial dvd, but half the size. Blank dvds(that you can buy in the store) are only like 5 gig where the industry ones are like 9. (sizes are approximate) so it would be very hard to get the game to fit, as images wouldn't fit on a standard half size dvd.

#13380 - 06/11/04 09:58 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Chem Offline
UGN News Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by saab_rider:
Hello everyone, This is my first post I was browsing the net and I came across a post on a forum which claimed that you can backup GC games if you had nero 6, and a miniDVD-R (and a DVD burner ofcourse). This guy said that if you burn a GC image on a miniDVD, you won't need any mod chip and you can directly play the burnt miniDVD on the GC console with no mods at all. I downloaded a GC image off the net, and when I opened it, it turned out to be a .gcm format. Is there anyway for me to burn this image and play it on my console without using any mods or a PC network?

thanks!
You can simply rename the extension to *.ISO and Nero will burn it fine, however the Game cube cannot read a burnt DVD, or any other kind or writable media.

There is no way to play burnt game cube games, period.

The game cube uses its own hybrid DVD format, and as of this post there is no way of duplicating it. You can play game backups via the PSO exploit and a broadband adapter, but thatís it.

#13381 - 06/11/04 10:08 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Jaspel Offline
UGN Poser

Loc: mn
o...thanks really, im quite sure that was how it was but you know probaly better than me chem. :rolleyes:

#13382 - 09/06/04 03:38 AM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
PussyCat55 Offline

Loc: San Diego
something useful came out of a gamecube...i dont believe it...

#13383 - 11/15/04 08:38 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
MegamanXGold Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC
You guys are rather behind the times.

For an easier time exploiting the PSO/BBA hack uploading ISOs to your GCN, look for the Pheonix Tools. It's been a few months since I've played Mario Kart: Double Dash using the method (before you accuse me of not supporting Nintendo, I'm a proud Nintendo fan-boy owning 46 GameCube titles, 4 Platinum WaveBirds, the GCN BBA, GameBoy Player, and some third-party accessories).

Anyways, I was just googling looking for a better GCN ISO Ripper, since I would find an easier time ripping GCN games myself, rather than using BitTorrent. The Pheonix Tools' ripper is the only thing in the set of tools they provide that doesn't work properly.

WarpPipe Group is a bunch of guys working on their software that tricks Mario Kart: Double Dash, 1080 Avalanche, and Kirby: Air Dash (I think is the name) into thinking that the PC is another GameCube. With various ways of creating the set-up, via two NICs in one PC, or using a Router, etc., online play has been extended beyond just Phantasy Star Online. And so with a regular BroadBand internet connection you can play with others around the world for the first time on GameCube. Too bad Nintendo didn't release a program like this.

Now for people interested in Emulation, the Dolphin GCN Emulater is coming along RATHER nicely. And Homebrew is...well it's not an exciting time for that just yet, at least not for end-users.

The GameCube Broadband Adaptor is only a 10MBPS unit, and the port from the adaptor into the GameCube is about as limiting. It is unlikely that load times via the PSO/BBA set-up will ever be able to surpass the GCN's own Optical Drive.

And it is true that the GCN Discs are propietary. ISOs can not be burned to run on GameCubes. HOWEVER...if you want to spring the $400-$600 for the Panasonic version of the GameCube (named the Panasonic Q, you can buy it from lik-sang.com) then you can burn GameCube ISOs on regular size industry standard DVD discs, and play it on a completely unmodified Panasonic Q. It has been tested and confirmed to work.

Panasonic Q is a Japanese system and can only be bought via import. However, lik-sang.com offers a pretty English Face-Plate for the Q's bundled Remote Control. The Q is designed to be a home entertainment center, capable of playing DVD's, Audio CD's, and of course regular GCN games. It has a language select available in the Q so you can choose between various languages for your GCN BIOS load-screen (the pretty rounded cube).

Before you get excited and think of the Q as something that must have just been released, it's actually been around since about the time the GameCube itself was released. So like I said, you guys are really behind the times, aren't you?

Cya.

#13384 - 11/15/04 10:54 PM Re: Gamecube Cracked!
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
No shit sherlock; the first post on this thread was on October 12, 2003; something tells me that something has to of happened in a full year...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2148 Members
46 Forums
34752 Topics
69922 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 27914
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767, Devo60, ali
2148 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 334 Guests and 306 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!