Block Markup Tags
- Enables you to dissplay headings on a web page. The letter "n" represents the the level of a heading. you would replace this with 1 through 6. 1 being the biggest 6 being the smallest.
- Places text within a paragraph on a web page. You can also align text using the align attribute. The align attribute positions text within the
tags left, right, or center of a web page.
- Dissplays blocks of text in a fixed width font. It will dissplay text exactly how it is in the XHTML document. All spaces and line breaks are dissplayed along with the text that is within the
- Allows you to mark a section as a blockquote. The text is seperated from the proceding and following text and the text withing the block quote tags is intented. YOu can also use the cite attribute of the
tag to indicate the source of a quotation.
- Marks a block of the XHTML document as a logical group or division. For example, if a web page has several paragraphs, you can enclose these pargraphs within the
tag pair. This would make the paragraphs a logical group. You can then apply formating to this group using the
tag. You can use in the div tag the align and nowrap attributes among others.
- Enables you to dissplay items such as a phone number, mail address, copyright, and other such info. It is dissplayed by default in itallic.
- Used to divide a webpage into logical sections by dissplaying a horizontal line across the page. The
tag is an empty tag like the
tag. So in XHTML every tag must have a closing tag. since there isn't realy a closing tag for
we write it like so.
The hr tag has the size width and align attributes. You would type something like this.
My New site OpenEyes