UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#18275 - 07/17/02 11:50 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Cyrez Offline
UGN Member

Loc: O.C

Sponsored Links

#18276 - 10/03/02 09:59 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Mad Tank Offline

Loc: Oklahoma

#18277 - 10/04/02 08:42 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: us
http://www.refreshart.net is meh new site. I am just combining my sites together and dumping alot of the stuff. http://coldsunn.skitso.com is where I am testing php. Skitso is a cool guy and I got some space there, http://www.skitso.com

#18278 - 10/05/02 04:58 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
black^Pimp Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Loc: Underground
agrrhh freeservers.com services sucks...

some of my site's, still in BETA

http://www.kohatv.com

http://www.snogy.com

P.S. don't tell me they open pretty slow, i know that, i said it's just a BETA shit

#18279 - 10/09/02 12:13 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

black^pimp, your sites look nice, but using all images instead of text is annoying to me. Looks nice, just the all images thing is annoying.

#18280 - 10/09/02 07:06 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Loc: OH, USA
My website is temporarily online. Have a gander, tell me what you think - good and bad.

http://serialcoders.sytes.net

btw, I also coded the bulletin board on there all by my lonesome in perl. Don't try to register cause I'll be taking the site down soon (also I don't have sendmail on this machine - so wait until I get it setup on a linux server)

#18281 - 10/09/02 08:07 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
Curse Offline

Enforcement Admin

Loc: San Andreas
http://www.hackerstavern.net
Gizmo owns the site, but I am admining/designing it...

#18282 - 10/09/02 11:29 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Moffesto Offline
UGN Supporter

Loc: Kuntucky
I love the site pimp, it takes forever to load for me tho. I need to learn how to make some badass graphics and layouts like that

#18283 - 10/09/02 11:53 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
::looks at pimp:: ::looks at bandwidth:: it loaded in less than 2 seconds :x... Nice sites. Prehaps you'd be interested in the "design" program we have off of "Off Topic".

#18284 - 10/14/02 11:16 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
black^Pimp Offline
UGN GFX Whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Sunn:
black^pimp, your sites look nice, but using all images instead of text is annoying to me. Looks nice, just the all images thing is annoying.
Thanks CS, i like the design myself too, but they do take lots of time to load, so i'm tring to make the very very same thing but in PHP so i can load it faster, but i'm not good at php even though i'm learning it.

What do u guys think, is it possiable to make the very same thing but in PHP ?

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentRage:
btw, I also coded the bulletin board on there all by my lonesome in perl. Don't try to register cause I'll be taking the site down soon (also I don't have sendmail on this machine - so wait until I get it setup on a linux server)
your applet at the site is pretty cool, and i've gotta admin, you're damn to good, the board looks fine. If you take it seriously, you could work more in it and add advanced features to it and why not start selling it through the internet or giving it for free maybe ??.

Quote:
Originally posted by Moffesto:
I love the site pimp, it takes forever to load for me tho. I need to learn how to make some badass graphics and layouts like that
thanks moff, well as i said that's my current nightmare, it just take forever to load, so i'm trying to make it in PHP/MySQL fully but i don't wanna change the design, it looks good, well maybe later.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
::looks at pimp:: ::looks at bandwidth:: it loaded in less than 2 seconds :x... Nice sites. Prehaps you'd be interested in the "design" program we have off of "Off Topic".
hehe i know what you're thinking Gizmo. I am interested in the design program, ohh but we talked about this last nite as far as i remember, so check your email and you'll know.

Just need some time.

see ya guys.

P.S. I really need your guys answer to this:

Could i make exactly the same design for snogy.com but in PHP, i don't want the design to change i just wanna make it php/mysql coz this way it's all in images and as CS said it's annoyin. I need your suggestions.

#18285 - 10/14/02 11:24 AM Re: Whats your personal website?
black^Pimp Offline
UGN GFX Whore

oh and btw: check snogy.com again.

I updated the site of the week, guess which is the site of the week ? heh.

looks cool there

see ya'll

#18286 - 10/14/02 02:31 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
Cold Sunn Offline
UGN GFX Whore

lol, you and multiposting...

(btw, when i said looks nice i meant it kicks ass)

Most of that could be done in html and javascript, with php and mysql to handle things that need to be dynamic or seperable.

I don't speak...snogy...so I am not sure what alot of that is. If there is news, (lol I am still trying to tell) then that could all be mysql stuff that a php scripts pulls and puts up. This looks alot like a PHPnuke site, with a little bit different of a layout. The different sectons in there like Quicklinks and Update could just be done with tables and have php fill it in with content that could be in a mysql database.

I'm not sure how much you know about html and such since this is all images, but if you don't know much about it, then i think you should read up on..

CSS (cascading style sheets), these are used to make all the text be the same font and color and all the pages that use it have the same background and link color rollovers and all that. It makes it so all you have to do is call on the style sheet from each page you want to use it on, and then all those pages will have that style. Then, if you decide you like Arial better than Verdana or something, you only have to change one thing, then all those pages change.

Tables, these are used for alignment alot but can be used for looks too. You can decide how big of a border you want, the spacing between cells and bgcolor and all that.

Hrm, there was gonna be more I think but I can't think of anything else. It would take me a long time to make a design like that coding it all, not just because there is so much but figuring it out and getting it right.

I lost track of what I was saying because i am playing with the iframe giz has going...

#18287 - 10/14/02 04:30 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
black^Pimp Offline
UGN GFX Whore

hehe how ya doing CS ?

well you see CS it really doesn't matters so much to me if its made in html and javascript or php and mysql, i just want it to be same as the design you know ?, and yeah you're right, i think that in some parts of it i need it separable so it's maybe better to make it use php/mysql.

I do need to put news in it and stuff like that, but for things like that, i'll just create a BLOG script which would work fine with the design i think. Maybe this looks like a phpNuke site and i would like it if i could make it with PhpNuke but as i wrotte on the WEB PORTAL topic i can't even open that thing and i don't know how to use it.
Yes Quicklins and Update do need to be php in a mysql database coz they're gonna be filled up recently.

To tell you the truth i never thought about CSS before, of course i heard about it and so on, but i dunno, just didn't try using it, but as you explain it so good it sounds like just the thing i need. So i'll search for some guides and tutorials about CSS and read a bit.

I know it takes a hard time coding a design like that but that's just what i wanna do and i'll do my best to finish it, if i can than i'll hire someone but i ain't givin up, no way...

Thanks a lot for your help CS, i appreciate it.

Any more comments/suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

bp

#18288 - 11/05/02 06:22 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
olosoft Offline

Loc: .
not a bad design black^Pimp, only thing, if you really want to use images, which i highly dont recommend, because they take more time to load and its hard to update them, especialy when theyre broken up like that, uhh, anyway, if you really want to use images, try gifs for the text area, since the letters dont use that many colors gifs would be smaller then jpgs and therefore load faster.

#18289 - 11/05/02 11:14 PM Re: Whats your personal website?
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
If you want to use images so bad, then have a lo and hi bandwidth version. That is where PHP could come in handy. You can add at same time to both sites and just have one site incorporate the graphics.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  §intå×, Gremelin 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2152 Members
46 Forums
36271 Topics
71441 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 29432
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
cdefgh368568, HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666
2151 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 250 Guests and 366 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!