UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Latest Postings
也是福运似海、福运宏达的精神之源和力量之

by lmnopq127978
Today at 03:01 AM
饱餐大食
by lmnopq127978
Today at 03:00 AM
尊重任何人的选择
by lmnopq127978
Today at 03:00 AM
一直演进到篆书金文
by lmnopq127978
Today at 02:59 AM
里相思朋辈远
by lmnopq127978
Today at 02:59 AM
谁欠了谁一生的情
by lmnopq127978
Today at 02:58 AM
谁人之痛
by lmnopq127978
Today at 02:57 AM
【煦色韶华问佛】
by lmnopq127978
Yesterday at 03:38 AM
【听,梦里雪落的声音】
by lmnopq127978
Yesterday at 03:37 AM
那天,她留下了眼泪
by lmnopq127978
01/26/15 04:09 AM
Latest Reviews
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2227 - 04/12/03 02:01 AM Need help connecting to computers remotely
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 04/11/03
hey guys.. i have real vnc and i can connect to all my computers that actually have real vnc installed on them.. is there any programs that anyone knows of that you can connect to a computer by IP address alone and DO NOT need to physically install the program to connect to the computer.. also.. how do i figure out someone's IP address based on their email address or say aol im address.. do i have to "connect" to them by accepting the request say if i wanted to send a pic or something then type netstat -p tcp to figure out their ip address.. any and all help is greatly appricated thanks guys

Top

#2228 - 04/12/03 02:20 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Registered: 10/08/02
Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
Both linux and windows have ways to allow remote control installed with the operating system. However, AFAIK, only XP has it installed by default. You can use remote desktop. Windows 2000 has a service you can install called Terminal Services and does pretty much the same thing. You can download the terminal services client from microsoft which will connect to remotedesktop and terminal services. If can also be installed as a convenient web activeX I believe.

And as for email, view FULL HEADERS and they should have a field for ORIGIN IP or something similar to that, which will show the individuals IP address.

Top
#2229 - 04/12/03 02:27 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
xmattoxx Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 04/11/03
thanks man.. is there any other programs out there.. besides the default ones for xp and 2000.. cause what if the computer i want to connect to doesnt have xp or 2000 or doesnt have them installed..

Top
#2230 - 04/12/03 07:11 AM Re: Need help connecting to computers remotely
SilentRage Offline
DollarDNS Owner

Registered: 03/04/02
Loc: OH, USA
the ORIGIN IP field that jonconley speaks of must not be common cause I've never seen it before. However, there are RECIEVED fields that are found in all emails. The only problem is that sometimes the first RECIEVED field does not contain the originators IP, but the originator mail services IP. When I say 'first' I actually mean the LAST occurance of RECIEVED.

Example 1:

Recieved: from (HELO ) () by with ;

Example 2 (multiple fields):