UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27257 - 10/12/03 07:53 AM Re: inoculation paradigm
smartyhands Offline

Loc: Montana Militant Camp
*sigh* Where is this 859 fellow that asked for this? In his own little bermuda triangle, I guess...

Anyway... I am really trying to shorten these things.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031012/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_iraq_7

(hey, my girl has her homepage set to yahoo, give me a break... they print the AP spoon-feed, I read it)

"Bush complained this week that the "filter" of the news media is blocking positive developments from reaching Americans"
Tactic of Confusion/Inoculation: - accuse others of your own tactics.
Do it first! Then you can accuse them of parroting your words.
Notice that "complain" was written in the article, not attributed to Bush.
Alternate Tactic Possibly Demonstrated: - accuse others FOR your own tactics.
Again, this gives you power of inoculation, otherwise known as "I said it first". Very subtle difference... you'll have to figure it out because I forgot.

There was something else very strange about this article. One portion was apparently embargoed, yet left in the article! Perhaps it is scheduled to be removed in the morning, I don't know. I will paste the entire "embargoed" portion here, as well as saving it myself, for posterity. I will re-check the article tomorrow to see if it has been censored.

Quote:
FOLLOWING EMBARGOED FOR 11:06 A.M EDT
In their Saturday radio address, Democrats said Bush must provide a more detailed accounting of how the money is being spent before lawmakers vote on the next budget request, likely next week.

"While the battle to oust Saddam Hussein was well-planned and well-executed, the president did not plan well for winning the peace and rebuilding the nation," said Rep. Baron Hill, D-Ind.

"There has been little support from the international community; our troops have been taking almost all the risks, and American taxpayers have been paying all the bills," Hill said.

"Many proposals have been discussed in Congress to ensure accountability" for previous spending in Iraq, which Hill said totaled $63 billion this year.

"The president must be willing to report to Congress — and the American people — on how this money is being spent," Hill said. "The missteps of the past several months must not be compounded by wasteful spending, or spending that could be used more wisely elsewhere."
END EMBARGOED MATERIAL
I could get into this for pages and pages... but I don't need to. I only need to ask one question...

Why is this part of the article embargoed?

It presents the Democratic response to Bush's actions. Outside of the embargoed portion of the article, ALL quotes are from Bush except this - "The president did not plan well for winning the peace and rebuilding the nation." This statement is attrubuted to "Democrats".

Hi. My name is "Democrats". REEEEEEEALLLLLLY good reporting here. Am I getting smarter, or is everyone else getting stupider? I don't feel that much smarter...

Sponsored Links

#27258 - 10/12/03 08:00 AM Re: inoculation paradigm
smartyhands Offline

Oops... I missed the end of the article...

Quote:
"Coalition forces in Iraq are actively pursuing the terrorists and Saddam holdouts who desperately oppose freedom for the Iraqi people," Bush said.
He was describing people who had been killed.

Put it this way... if they're dead, how do you know what they were opposing? Even the live ones, how do we know they aren't fighting for their own freedom? Isn't that logical? Why in THE WORLD would guerillas fight overwhelming odds out of greed?!? Bush is putting words into the mouths of the dead. That's why I'm doing what I can to say my piece BEFORE I die... peace

#27259 - 01/19/04 07:36 AM Re: inoculation paradigm
smartyhands Offline

Still no word from 859... I have been detained for questioning due to my suspicious activities and finally released into the wilds to criticize the US government yet again. (Not really... was in sequestered militant training...)

Before I started this, I still had a mote, an iota of respect for the humans that run our government. I must have misplaced it while doing the research, because I cannot find it anymore. I now tend toward the generalized Bill Hicks philosophy, that "all governments are lying bastards". Readers of Heinlein will recall the philosophy espoused in the 70's that people who WANT power will always be corrupted by it. As long as we let the powerful contest each other for our government, we will suffer their greed and deceit.

Within this thread, a true anarchist has been born. I used to say that just to scare people, now I truly believe it. Fight the power.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2148 Members
46 Forums
35038 Topics
70208 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28200
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767, Devo60, ali
2148 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 334 Guests and 264 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!