UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28372 - 12/17/05 11:00 AM Re: Your thoughts please
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
To answer your question, is it your problem? Well yes, yes it is. What happenes when medical costs are out of your reach? If everyone paid a small amount to include the rich, the poor, and the middle class. Doctors offices were not allowed to jack prices up, there were caps on prices set. Then medical coverage drops so that it is cheaper for all. As I said this is proven numerous times in other countries. What do you pay now in insurance? $150? $200 per month? Imagine that droping to $50 per month if everyone pays by law?

Does that sound so bad? Yes I think the government can step in and regulate a bit. Yes I think everyone can pay a bit. In the end it is cheaper and more efficient. You have had 2 kids. You ever look at the bill afterwards? How much on it was jacked up in price? Is that fair to the insurance company to have to pay for all those that didn't pay? Think about it, if everyone paid a minimal fee then there would be a shit load more money. This is however a bit of subject. Healthcare is one thing I take issue with.

Let look at the others. You have a small business and belive me I feel your pain

http://vanceconcepts.com

I too am looking at contractors to do my work. But lets look at bigger companies. American airlines went to thier employees and talked them into taking a lower pay for the next 3 years then gave them selves multi million dollar bonuses.

Enron, no need to say more.

I can list many companies for you if you like. You say, it's thier company, if the employees do not like it move on. Okay, to where? Take my industry. With all the mergers... What we have left is

SBC/AT&T
Verizon
Sprint
Quest
Bell South

Now SBC will soon buy Bell south I am betting. This gives them 100% control of Cingular wireless.

Sprint is in bed with the 4 major cable companies

There is no MCI now, Verizon bought them out

Quest is primed to be bought up as they are cheap(screwed up, but cheap none the less)

SBC or now named AT&T buys bell south, Verizon buys Quest. That leave

SBC/AT&T
Verizon
Sprint

All of which will have thier areas. Sure you have mom and pop telco's. lol Where the CEO is the head tech and marketing rep to major customers.

Lets look at the energy industries

Exon and moblie are 1 company

Power companies though deregulation(we saw how great that was for California) are merging and seting higher prices.

So Testing, you say everything is great and no change is needed... Tell me if we do not raise minimum wage or make some sort of change how someone making 35k will afford to live in 5 years?

Housing costs going up
Electric going up
Medical coverage through the roof and not slowing down
Gas prices will only rise with time
Education is going up exponetialy
All this will drive food up

If you make 100k you are fortunate enough to be in the upper middle class. But how does the middle and lower middle class make it? The bulk of ou population I might add. Surely you know what has happened in history when the bulk of the population is left out to pasture? They rebel. 35k is a far cry from taking the minimum as you say. That is someone trying. Now they could get 2 35k jobs but then the spouse will probably not be able to hold a full time job very well if they have kids.

Sponsored Links

#28373 - 12/17/05 07:09 PM Re: Your thoughts please
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Sacramento, CA
I agree medical costs are high. I agree for some families they are so high they are out of reach. The companies you list are public companies. Most public companies are just that, funded by the public. The public buys shares and that produces income the company can use to increase growth and productivity. Become a major shareholder and work on changing the companies if you believe so strongly in the cause.

I just cant stand the viewpoint that the governemtn is supposed to take care of us financially. We are in a sink or swim society. Make it rich or be a bum your whole life we dont care. Its your choice. Every person has the ability to make themselves rich, every person has the ability to make themselves broke. It bothers me when the bums say its the governments fault there not rich.

And regarding making 100k. Lets just remember that the more money you make, the more money they take. The average guy making 100k certainly pays more in taxes then the guy that makes 35k. So wtf. Do we whack him again and say,, sorry mr 100k maker,, we know you pay more in taxes then mr 35ker but he has no health insurance. So were gonna whack you again and take some more of your money. bullshit.

Lets not forget that big business does provide jobs. Smack businesses too hard and there will be less jobs available thus perpetuating the problem.

Instead of trying to hold 2 35k per year jobs try spending your offtime from the first job building your own business. Try increasing your education. Try doing something other then begging the government for a handout.

Of course Im not speaking directly to you personally but rather to those that have the above attitude!

#28374 - 12/17/05 07:42 PM Re: Your thoughts please
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Everyone does not have the ability to become rich... The system is not set up like that. There has to be those lower. It is just how capitalism works. If everyone was rich... Everyone would be poor. lol that doesn't make sense at first but think about it. There would be no rich if everyone could make it.

Big companies are much like how I picture mythical giants. They move and accidentaly crush small companies they are so massive. They make what seems small on paper a change and ruins thousands of lives. I do not necesarrily think the government has to pay to make a system work. They could do what they do best. Legislate. Require everyone pay a flat rate into a health care tax, then do away with insurance companies that profit off the money and refuse to pay when they think they can get away with it.

Or regulate insurance companies. Limit Malpractice and frivilous law suits to keep insurance down. Basically a few laws could better things a lot.

I am sure your taxes suck ass man. I made 80% of what you got last year and it pretty well sucked when uncle sam ass raped me. This could be limited also if the money was spent more efficiently. Say open all contracts in Iraq and Louisana to bid instead of to Mr. Presidents companies. Lowest company that has the man power to get the job done gets the job.

Instead of paying contractors to do certain tasks, make criminals in jail do it. How much money could that save? What about the jobs? I do not know, but that is less taxes...

#28375 - 12/17/05 08:25 PM Re: Your thoughts please
Testing Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Flat rate for healthcare would be an interesting idea, and not one that I am completely opposed to.

If criminals in jails could produce the same quality work (even a tad bit less would be ok) then I say fuckem and makem slave away.

Last year I made 92k. I paid 500 bucks in taxes on the whole thing. Did I break the law no. I simply made sure I paid a grip to a fat ass CPA that understands my business and understands tax law. I played the game with the rules the IRS sets for me. When you know the rules its not so bad (and I'm not talking about the retarded instructions they give on the short form!).

This year should be about 120k and yeah im a little worried about mr taxman. We will see if my guy does his magic again. I will of course update you.

The average guy making 100k pays out the ass in taxes. Personally I find taxes a fucking insult and will forever do my damndest to legally minimize my tax burden. Is it fair someone who made 40k in income last year paid more money in taxes then I did? Hell yeah it is. I did the research and found the tax guy who knew the laws. That makes it fair in my book!

In the end I believe were both on the same page with our ideals but have different ideas on how to get there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2148 Members
46 Forums
35043 Topics
70213 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28205
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767, Devo60, ali
2148 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 344 Guests and 264 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!