Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37405 10/30/04 11:15 PM
Defcon Offline OP
OP Offline
Original Source: Winston-Salem Journal
Url: http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagenam...tionworld&s=1037645509161

Quote:
Bin Laden tells U.S. how to act
In videotape, he says he ordered attacks Sept. 11, can do so again

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Saturday, October 30, 2004

CAIRO, Egypt

Osama bin Laden, publicly injecting himself into the campaign four days before the presidential elections, said in a videotape broadcast yesterday that the United States can avoid another Sept. 11 attack if it stops threatening the security of Muslims.

In the part of the tape that was broadcast, bin Laden refrained from directly warning of new attacks, although he said that "there are still reasons to repeat what happened."

"Your security is not in the hands of Kerry, Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said, referring to the president and his Democratic opponent. "Any state that does not mess with our security, has naturally guaranteed its own security."

Admitting for the first time that he ordered the Sept. 11 attacks, bin Laden said he did so because of injustices against the Lebanese and Palestinians by Israel and the United States.

In what appeared to be conciliatory language, bin Laden said he wanted to explain why he ordered the suicide airline hijackings that destroyed the World Trade Center and damaged the Pentagon so that Americans would know how to act to prevent another attack.

"To the American people, my talk is to you about the best way to avoid another Manhattan," he said. "I tell you: Security is an important element of human life and free people do not give up their security."

After the video was broadcast, President Bush said that "Americans will not be intimidated" by bin Laden. Sen. John Kerry criticized Bush for failing to capture bin Laden earlier and said, "I can run a more effective war on terror."

The political effect of the tape could cut both ways. It supports Bush's argument that the world is a dangerous place and plays to his strength as commander in chief in fighting the war on terrorism, but it is also a reminder that his administration has failed to capture or kill America's No. 1 enemy more than three years after the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington.

It was the first footage in more than a year of bin Laden, the fugitive al-Qaida leader, thought to be hiding in the mountains along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

The video, broadcast on Al-Jazeera television, showed bin Laden with a long, gray beard, wearing traditional white robes, a turban and a golden cloak, standing behind a table with papers and in front of a plain, brown curtain.

His hands were steady and he appeared healthy.

The Bush administration said it believes that the videotape is authentic and was made recently, noting that bin Laden referred to 1,000 U.S. military deaths in Iraq - a number reached in early September.

The spokesman for the White House, Scott McClellan, said that the administration did not plan to raise the nation's threat level for now.

He said that the 18-minute tape - which carries English subtitles, though not in the part shown on Al-Jazeera - lacks an explicit threat and repeats well-worn themes.

Al-Jazeera, which is based in Qatar, broadcast about seven minutes of the tape. The station's spokesman, Jihad Ali Ballout, said that Al-Jazeera broadcast what was "newsworthy and relevant" and declined to describe the parts that were not broadcast, including whether they contained any threats. Ballout said that the station got the tape yesterday but would not say how.

Before the tape was broadcast, the State Department asked the government of Qatar to discourage Al-Jazeera from broadcasting it, a senior State Department official said.

In the video, bin Laden accused Bush of misleading Americans by saying that the attack was carried out because al-Qaida "hates freedom." He said that his followers have left alone countries that do not threaten Muslims.

"We fought you because we are free ... and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security we undermine yours," bin Laden said.

He said he was first inspired to attack the United States by the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon in which towers and buildings in Beirut were destroyed in the siege of the capital.

"While I was looking at these destroyed towers in Lebanon, it sparked in my mind that the tyrant should be punished with the same and that we should destroy towers in America, so that it tastes what we taste and would be deterred from killing our children and women," he said.

"God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind," he said.

Bin Laden suggested that Bush was slow to react to the Sept. 11 attacks, giving the hijackers more time than they expected. At the time of the attacks, Bush was listening to schoolchildren in Florida reading a book.

"It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his citizens in the two towers to face these horrors alone," he said, referring to the number of people who worked at the World Trade Center.

"It appeared to him (Bush) that a little girl's talk about her goat and its butting was more important than the planes and their butting of the skyscrapers. That gave us three times the required time to carry out the operations, thank God," he said.

"Remember how much fun you had shooting spitwads at the teacher in seventh grade? Imagine applying that kind of attitude to actually [censored] with Mitsubishi!"
- Jello Biafra
#37406 10/31/04 03:23 AM
S
UGN Member
UGN Member
S
Sounds like Osama is a Bill Maher fan (Real Time on HBO)

D, world destruction
Over and overture
N, do I need
Apostrophe T, need this torture?-They Might Be Giants
#37407 10/31/04 03:55 AM
Defcon Offline OP
OP Offline
Speaking of which here is the "supposed" transcript.

Original Source: Drudge Report,
URL:http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2.htm
Quote:
BIN LADEN TRANSCRIPT
FRI OCT 29 2004 17:45:46 ET

Newsreader: A new message from Bin Laden to the American people about the reasons and resulats of the 9/11 attacks.

Newsreader 2: The head of AL Qaeda says the continuation of us policy will lead to the repetition of what happened.

Male presenter: The head of AL Qaeda organization directed a message to the American people and this video and audio apearence in this tape which Jezeera required for the first time for two years. In the beginning of his message, he spoke about the reasons why they chose the US to execute 9/11..

OBL: You American people, my speech to you is the best way to avoid another conflict about the war and its reasons and results. I am telling you security is an important pillar of human life. And free people don't let go of their security contrary to Bush's claims that we hate freedom. He should tell us why we didn't hit Sweden for instance. Its known that those who hate freedom don't have dignified souls.like the 19 who were blessed. But we fought you because we are free people, we don't sleep on our oppression. We want to regain the freedom of our Muslim nation as you spill our security, we spill your security.

Female presenter: Bin Laden spoke for the first time about the main reasons he thought of executing Sept 11 attacks, confirming that the Israeli operation in Lebanon was the first incident where he thought of it.

OBL: I am so surprised by you. Although we are in the fourth year after the events of sept 11, Bush is still practicing distortion and misleading on you, and obscuring the main reasons and therefore the reasons are still existing to repeat what happened before. I will tell you the reasons behind theses incidents.

I will be honest with you on the moment when the decision was taken to understand. We never thought of hitting the towers. But after we were so fed up, and we saw the oppression of the American Israeli coalition on our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind and the incidents that really touched me directly goes back to 1982 and the following incidents. When the US permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon with the assistance of the 6th fleet. In these hard moments, it occurred to me so many meanings I cant explain but it resulted in a general feeling of rejecting oppression and gave me a hard determination to punish the oppressors. While I was looking at the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it came to my mind to punish the oppressor the same way and destroy towers in the US to get a taste of what they tasted, and quit killing our children and women.

Male presenter: Bin Laden considered in his message that the results of Sept 11 were successful in his opinion and as a reason of that, he said that the similarity between the administration of Bush the father and the arab regimes said Bush learned so much from them during his visits.

OBL: We didn't find difficulty dealing with Bush and his administration due to the similarity of his regime and the regims in our countries. Whish half of them are ruled by military and the other half by sons of kings and presidents and our experience with them is long. Both parties are arrogant and stubborn and the greediness and taking money without right and that similarity appeared during the visits of Bush to the region while people from our side were impressed by the US and hoped that these visits would influence our countries. Here he is being influenced by these regimes, Royal and military. And was feeling jealous they were staying for decades in power stealing the nations finances without anybody overseeing them. So he transferred the oppression of freedom and tyranny to his son and they call it th e Patriot Law to fight terrorism. He was bright in putting his sons as governors in states and he didn't forget to transfer his experience from the rulers of our region to Florida to falsify elections to benefit from it in critical times.

Female Presenter: Bin Laden considered the way Bush dealt with the first moments of Sept. 11, giving a good chance to the executors of Sept. 11 to complete it.

OBL: We agreed with Mohamed Atta, god bless him, to execute the whole operation in 20 minutes. Before Bush and his administration would pay attention and we never thought that the high commander of the US armies would leave 50 thousand of his citizens in both towers to face the horrors by themselves when they most needed him because it seemed to distract his attention from listening to the girl telling him about her goat butting was more important than paying attention to airplanes butting the towers which gave us three times the time to execute the operation thank god.

Male presenter: the final part of the message is that the security of the Americans depends on the policy that they execute despite the winner of the elections.

OBL: Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or Al Qaeda. Your security is in your hands. Each state that doenst mess with our security has automatically secured their security.

Female Presenter: In Bin Laden's message he approached other points. He pointed to the contradiction which considers oppression and killing of innocents a legal act. They formed an international law as bush the father did with the children of iraq according to bin laden. Bin Laden pointed to the millions of pounds of explosives dropped on Iraqi children as bush his son had done, as he said to remove an old agent and install a new agent to help instealing the oil of iraq. And bin laden said the events of 9/11 came as an answer to this oppression and said that if the answer to this oppression is considered bad terror, then we need to do it. And he stressed that he wants to deliver this message to the Americans in words and in deeds since the 9/11 events. He reminded Americans of a few warning messages through various news media like Time Magazine and CNN and other Arab and correspondents since 1996. He warned them of the conswquences of their countries policies. He talked abou t the damage Sept 11 caused the US economy and that it cost close to a trillion dollars. He talked about President Bush and that the emergency law requires more money.

END

"Remember how much fun you had shooting spitwads at the teacher in seventh grade? Imagine applying that kind of attitude to actually [censored] with Mitsubishi!"
- Jello Biafra
#37408 10/31/04 06:52 AM
A
A
Thats bullshit, i read the interview with Osama..

HE HAS NEVER ADMITTED TO DOING 9/11

People that know him, like Pakistan reporter, have said he is innocent.

Osama recently said

"Bush has been fooling you all since 9/11"

He did not do 9/11, for [censored] sake, the government is trying to pin it on him.

If you ask most muslims who did the attack, none of them will tell you osama, they know its not him.
Most of them think it was israel.

#37409 11/01/04 08:25 AM
UGN Elite Poster
UGN Elite Poster
It's gotten to a point that we know he didnt do it but we dont care just as long as someone goes down for it. Will we ever know the truth? Nope. It's like trying to get people in other countries to realize us people here in the USA have no say over what countries we invaid and people who's rights we've tread on...

#37410 11/04/04 01:57 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Sounds like to me he wanted Kerry to win. Why else would he say Bush gave him 3 times as much time. In 1982 he says he got the idea to attack us? Did I read that correct? If I am not misstaken we were allies with him in 1982... We were supplying him with weapons and funding to fight the russians in Afganistan.

#37411 11/04/04 07:13 PM
UGN Super Poster
UGN Super Poster
Spanky, maybe because Bush did give him 3times the expected time they thought they would get. Sure, it created panic, but I remember it going on television and I happened to be watching a news channel.

It was LIVE and I was watching for a bit and seemed nothing was being done, and then there comes a second plane.

as for allies in 1982, unfortunately, you are probably right. But look at the ppl we train and place in power (ex. Saddam and Bin Laden). These aren't the type of ppl that wouldn't be planning against an ally. The ppl we can buy to oppress countries and perform terrorism, obviously can't be trusted to not turn against us.

The US will probably never learn this and create a cycle of training terrorists to fight enemies we had previously trained.

#37412 11/04/04 07:50 PM
S
UGN Member
UGN Member
S
America has no enemies but the ones we create for ourselves. After the fall of the Communist Russia, there were no real threats anymore. Therefore the powers that be had to create enemies in order to keep the population in fear so they can continue to run rapant over our constitutional rights (ie. PATRIOT Act)

D, world destruction
Over and overture
N, do I need
Apostrophe T, need this torture?-They Might Be Giants
#37413 11/04/04 09:22 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Quote:
Originally posted by Damn_Noob:
America has no enemies but the ones we create for ourselves. After the fall of the Communist Russia, there were no real threats anymore. Therefore the powers that be had to create enemies in order to keep the population in fear so they can continue to run rapant over our constitutional rights (ie. PATRIOT Act)
Actually I would have to dissagree with this. During it's reign the USSR served a good pourpose. It kept many war lords down. Basnia, and all that were long standing grudges that Mother Russia stamped out while rulling with an iorn fist. Any time a major power falls you will have a vacume of power. This will almost allways lead to war.

There is then a rush for power you see. Who ever can grab it will try for it. But others will try too. Then the blood bath beguins. We have stuck our nose in other countries buisness, however after Russia fell it was sort of our responsability.

Our build up caused the USSR to build up. The bigger they got. The more a vacume they created when they fell. Read up on the war lords that sprang up after Russia fell. Read why they did what they did.

As for Sadam, he is nothing like Osama. Sadam is sadistic. Osama is not. He is a calculating war leader. He dose not get off on tourture. He gets off on a live game of chess. This is not a man who has lived off the tit of his country men and gotten fat. This is a man who has for decades trained fighting men himself. Developed plans that span decades.

Sadam was twisted and perverted. Osama may or may not belive in the cause he speaks of. That dose not matter, his followers follow out of loyalty, not fear. This is a big difference between the two. He is soft spoken and calm, calculating. Sadam is a stage actor, yelling and playing out to large crowds. To compare the 2 is a misstake.

#37414 12/22/04 05:40 AM
B
B
What I would really like to know is, who is translating his words, why does it seem like they never let his real words, ie in Arabic, out to the public? It seems like its always a translation, or dubbed. Can't they do subtitles? Its like comparing Open-Source to closed source, you can't openly see the errors in the closed-source program.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/E d- s++:- a- C+++ UL+++ P+ L++ E-- W- N+ o-- K- w--- O M+ V-- PS++ PE-- Y+ PGP t+ 5++ X+ R+++ tv+ b++ DI++ D--- G++ e+ h r+++ y++++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
#37415 12/22/04 02:13 PM
UGN Elite
UGN Elite
Its like comparing Open-Source to closed source, you can't openly see the errors in the closed-source program.

That is funny.

#37416 12/23/04 08:10 AM
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Damn_Noob:
Sounds like Osama is a Bill Maher fan (Real Time on HBO)
Damn. I was starting to like you there for a minute.

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelphaeis Mangarae:
If you ask most muslims who did the attack, none of them will tell you osama, they know its not him.
[b]Most of them think it was israel.
[/b]
You have got to be joking. When was the last time Muslims haven't blamed everything on Israel? Oh, let's see...never. I'm not all pro-Israeli, but get informed.

Quote:
Originally posted by �int��
Sounds like to me he wanted Kerry to win.
Yeah, it actually helped Bush though. I suppose that's good in a way, but whatever.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums41
Topics33,840
Posts68,858
Average Daily Posts1
Members2,176
Most Online3,253
Jan 13th, 2020
Latest Postings
Where and how do you torrent?