UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4757 - 09/02/05 06:51 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
HighLander Offline

Loc: Canada
The Canadian Department of Defence is discussing the possiblities of send our DART (Disaster Assistance Response Team) and other members of the Canadian Forces down there to help, not sure what the finally decision will be, Im up for it though

Sponsored Links

#4758 - 09/02/05 07:41 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Loc: Where ever Gizmo is
we need all the help we can get cause as the world can see america doesnt handle disaster all to well...

Donate to the "Baby Trey's Digital Camera" fund here .

#4759 - 09/02/05 07:59 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Here is what I do not get...

These leveys that held the water back, they knew that one day a huricane could come up and wipe them out flooding the city. It was allways thought that they could use the metro-dome as a shelter for mass amounts of people. Did any one even attempt a plan to rush in food, water and medical supplies. I mean the huricane was on Monday. It is Friday and the Feds might get there today... How many people have dies that had supplies been available they would have lived.

How many infants have now died since they must be fed like every 4 hours. In 1999 I was in the U.S. Army and hurican mitch hit central and southern america. The next day I was on a CH-47 headed down there on a relief mission. I sat there for 4 months with thousands of other troops. Now they were able to cordinate flying over other countrys, getting permission from multiple governments to land and disspatch troops so that the next day things were in motion. But here in the US we can mobilize in 5 days time? Really, are we that full of middle men that it takes 5 days to respond to a disaster?

I have heard reports now that children have been raped and murdered. I think I will be sick

I do not know which is worse? Killing a child or letting them grow up with some of these images in thier memorey. There are whole families that now say they do not want to even be alive any more.

Personally I would walk my happy ass and family across that damn bridge. An average human walks 3 miles per hour at a casual stroll. In 7 hours that is 21 miles. It isn't like you have much else to do. Start walking at night to keep cool and sleep in shade during the day. Find a car fuck it, steal it and drive as far away as you can. Then contact UGN Security and ask someone to build me a donate to my cause now, Return the car in the news for attention and get a job, money all that shit, because everyone feels like you did it to save your family

#4760 - 09/02/05 09:39 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Looking at all that is happening makes me very thankful giz, trey, and i are in the pacific northwest. It's just so hard to believe that as a country the usa can help others faster than we can help ourselves. WTF is up with that?

Now you also have these gas station across the country going "OMG! We might run out of gas so lets stick it to everyone and charge then $6/gal." Way to go! Turn a profit on others misfortune... Fuckers...

#4761 - 09/02/05 10:19 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Two gas stations around me ran out today

The figures from Tripple A are off by a dollar or so for my area. They are about 1 dollar cheaper than anything I see in Washington D.C./Maryland area. What is really odd is there is a gas station by me run by some arabic/rag head people. They allways have the highest prices. Today they were about 70 cents cheaper than everywhere else...

#4762 - 09/02/05 10:24 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Since we're on the topic of gas now for those of you guys who drive in the USA and Canada this website will tell you who has the cheapest and most expensive prices in your area: GasBuddy

#4763 - 09/03/05 02:31 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Girlie Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: In your dad's bed...
Quote:
Originally posted by int:

I saw President Bush got a card from China today... They feel real bad for what happened. Now every major desastor we send mucho money to help. I wonder who will send any now to us. lol yea right.
I don't have time to properly respond to this thread right now, but I will later. In the meantime, learner, please read this article.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9161198/

People are offering to help, but Bush is having a shitty attitude about it. (big surprise) We need to learn not to be so PROUD, and take the help. This is why most people hate Americans, because everyone thinks we are arrogant assholes. Well, Bush is acting like one with his "we'll get through this ourselves" attitude.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>

#4764 - 09/03/05 02:49 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

We'll help everyone else but wont let anyone do the same for us. I'm not proud so let others help. We NEED it!

Ya know it just poped into my mind the fact that when other countries do stuff it is 100% our business and we have to put our 2 cents in along with trying to take over but when shit happens here our government tells these same countries we dont want their help cause it's not of their buisiness.

Gotta love double standards...

#4765 - 09/04/05 05:34 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Artic Warrior Offline
UGN Member

Loc: My room
I think its weird how we are going to give the states 10 million in aid when we gave Indonesia like 1 billion. The reason I find it wierd is because we gave so much money to a country that doesn't even like us yet we gave 1% of the same amount to the states when thier estimates are like 100 billion.
So unless we give more atleast you guys will know that Australia, (your ally in the pacific) paid 0.001%.
Also I think we as a country raised 100 million for the boxing day disaster. I'm pretty sure its going to be hard to raise that much for the states cause generally our opinion of americans is like what girlie said.
I also heard that when we wanted to send in a rescue team for our people in the city New Orleans, the white house knocked back the clearance we needed. So we had to set up a consulate some place far away in texas .

#4766 - 09/04/05 08:49 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Girlie Offline
UGN Super Poster

Ok, now it's time for Girlie's bitch session.

Since the beginning of this topic I decided to do a little bit of research, since for unknown reasons I am always interested in these horrible disasters.

After reading, now I'm pissed. Bush's response to this whole ordeal is sickening. I wonder why? Could it be because the people in New Orleans were/are mainly black, poor americans--not exactly Bush voters. I'm left to wonder if it were white rich Texans if they would have waited so long for help? Then when Bush finally does get around to getting off his ass instead of sending troops in with food, water, and medicine he sends them in with guns to shoot looters. Which is an entirely different thing in and of itself. Most of the pictures and things I've seen of "looters" are people surviving. These is a difference between looting and doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. If it were me you can bet your ass I'd be breaking into a store to feed my children if that's what I had to do. You want to shoot the people that are stealing TV's and Rolex watches? Fine...shoot them. I think your efforts would be better placed rescuing the HUMANS off the rooftops, but hey what do I know. Shooting to kill the people that are going around raping people and attacking the vulnerable is a different story. Shoot them, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior no matter what.

Most everything I've read focuses around these people were told to evacuate. This comes down to being poor. The ones left behind are most likely the ones without much money. I know if I was told to evacuate or else I'd be in a world of hurt right now too. (especially with gas at nearly $4/Gallon) How are these people supposed to evacuate when many of them do not own a vehicle and don't have the money for a ticket out of town? Besides the fact Bush knew this was coming, and it took him how many days after to figure out what he was going to do about it? Russia was ready to send aide within 24 hours. (which Bush refused) Another country can take the proper steps to help us in a timely manner, but Bush can't...then he's going to refuse the help of someone else even though he's not prepared to do shit? WHO is he to refuse help? These are people's family members that are dying needlessly...why? because they didn't vote for our leader...that's why. He has no problems sending OUR money to other countries to help them, which don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with that, but when it comes time to help your own people are you going to turn your back on them? You know part of the reason for the war in Iraq was because Saddam was allowing people to die in south iraq, how is Bush any better? The survivors from the hurricane now have to try to survive the disease and famine because our fucking president can't get off his ass and do something.

I'm also left to wonder where the local government is for this city? Remember 9/11 and how Guiliani kept the peace and consoled everyone, and acturally took ACTION. Where the fuck is New Orlean's local government?

President Bush is to blame along with several other federal and local officials of our USA for the travisty that has happened to the Gulf Coast. We are the greatest Super Power in the world and supposedly have a whole military division that can drop out of the sky anywhere in the world within minutes of dispatch, and secure whole cities and some small countries in no time. Now we have a disaster at home, and our government waits days instead of hours after the storm to send in our military for support and aid. It's appauling. If we didn't have all our resources and money in another country maybe our response time would have been more accurate. It doesn't matter whether these people are Black, White, Yellow, or Purple. Hell, for that matter it doesn't matter if they're all Americans, what matters is that these suffering people are human beings on the soil of the greatest super power in the world, and we as that super power have failed them. I feel ashamed of our government. If we had been there in the hours after the devastation instead of days then the cities could have been evacuated and locked down and the thugs would have been twarted. Now we have let them get too far out of hand and they will most likely have to be killed in order to secure the other human beings that need to survive. If it takes us this long to respond to something we KNEW was coming how long will it take to respond to an attack which God forbid we had no warning of?

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>

#4767 - 09/04/05 10:16 PM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Infinite Offline

Loc: Canada eh
It still doesn't compare to the Tsunami. This is MINOR! Can you imagine what would be happening if NOLA was hit by something of that magnitude?

#4768 - 09/05/05 12:24 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

It's the fact that even though this is small comaired to asia Bush is taking his sweet ol time with making decisions on what to do to help. When the tsunami hit he was in action within 24-48 hours. With Iraq he moved as fast has he possibly could. With our own country though... SLOWER THEN A FUCKING TURTLE STUCK IN ITS BACK!!

I bet ya if terrorists were behind the disaster Bush would have been quick to move cause he would have someone else to blame. Now he only has himself.

I agree with Girlie, I am appalled with our government. We need help yet our dear president is too proud and too high and mighty and on a fucking power trip to allow other countries to help us. What really pisses me off is because he's a "Christian" the christian people are turning a blind eye to what's happening and acting like Bush moved in on day one to help these people. They also seem to think only a handful a countries have offered help when we all know for damn sure well more than a handful have asked to help us.

MAYBE if Bush moved in faster to get those people out of the superdome then little girls and women wouldnt have been raped. MAYBE some of these old person's homes wouldnt be filled with dead people cause no one would help them. MAYBE we wouldnt be more concerned about looters taking tv's instead of helping families off their roofs. But we'll never know cause it took us longer to send relife help to our own contry compaired to others countries...

#4769 - 09/05/05 02:29 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Infinite Offline

Loc: Canada eh
Quote:
I bet ya if terrorists were behind the disaster Bush would have been quick to move cause he would have someone else to blame. Now he only has himself.
It was the terrorist... They used their WMD on you... That's Weather of Mass Destrution folks

Quote:
MAYBE if Bush moved in faster to get those people out of the superdome then little girls and women wouldnt have been raped. MAYBE some of these old person's homes wouldnt be filled with dead people cause no one would help them. MAYBE we wouldnt be more concerned about looters taking tv's instead of helping families off their roofs. But we'll never know cause it took us longer to send relife help to our own contry compaired to others countries...
WARNING: Biased opinion forthcoming.

MAYBE if Americans as a whole weren't so fucking stupid and un-evolved you could band together and overcome adversity instead of providing one of the worlds finest Darwinism experiments of all times. I bet psychologists the world over are completey facinated with this event. Seriously, who would ever allow it to happen "just cause".

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GONNA DO WITH THAT TV WHEN THERE'S NO FUCKING POWER!!!!

Imbeciles. The lot of them.

#4770 - 09/05/05 06:45 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
Girlie Offline
UGN Super Poster

It's a little unfair to blame everyone that resides in the entire country, and claim we are all stupid and un-evolved. As I said before, most of the "looters" weren't taking tv's...most of them were taking items neccesary for survival. There are a lot of people that immediately banned together to try and help the victims, no one was being allowed into the city...

Your big argument is this wasn't as bad as the Tsunami...there weren't as many deaths, but how can you compare which is worse. A loss of a human life is still a loss of a human life no matter how you look at it. My point is it is tragic that people who lived through the hurricane itself were then having to fight to survive the aftermath when OUR leader should have been in there getting them out. He is more concerned with giving charity to other countries then helping his fellow man. These are OUR people, charity starts at home. The fact of the matter is not only did he not give a shit because these people were poor blacks who most likely didn't vote for him, but he apparently didn't even have the resources to do something about it. Could it be because all of our funds are tied up and our troops are off fighting a war that HE started to begin with? Hmmm...I think so. It's hardly fair to blame all of the people, our government has failed them.

No, I'm not blaming you. The whole idea of it just pisses me off. These people were left for dead for 4 days because they weren't people who benefited him...and that's the only reason. They weren't one of his texan buddies, so he wasn't going to do anything about it. Not only that, but he refused the help of people who were. He is making budget cuts in our school systems, and our heathcare systems (among other things) to allow for more spending to fund the war that he started. WE are paying for his mistakes. Meanwhile, while our children (mine included) are going without healthcare coverage, he's building schools in Iraq. Nothing like telling your own people that you'd rather look good in front of other countries then take care of your own people. What ever happened to that whole "no child left behind" thing? Some of us know better... In order to obtain some help you either have to be

A) Dirt poor

or

B) not able to speak English

the middle man always gets screwed.

<sintax>
No we do not!!!!
</sintax>

#4771 - 09/05/05 08:11 AM Re: "America's Tsunami" my ass
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

with budget cuts mandated by bush here in oregon if you're white you dont get help (food stamps, welfare, medicade) unless you really fight for it. but if you're a hispanic who speaks no english and you're no an american citizan or are illigal then you're automatically qualified for over $500 in food stamps, tons of monay in welfare, and free healthcare for has long as you dont have a job that offers it...

And those same budget cuts have basically destroyed a whole state...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2148 Members
46 Forums
35153 Topics
70323 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28315
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767, Devo60, ali
2148 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 477 Guests and 343 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!