UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4869 - 01/11/06 05:57 PM public discourse
frank Offline

Loc: germany
this is in response to:
ice:
since this is my brithday thread i'm closing it.
I will not tolerate U2. they suck and they're an 80's band... nuff said

so lets assess why we should have discourse round here:

1. what is wrong with U2 ... no one has answered that topic yet
2. just b/c its your bday thread ... so what
3. U2 sucks ... what bands do you think are good, and why? have they sold more albums than U2? why does U2 actually suck? do you have any real reasoning behind that statement?
4. 80s band. Wrong in many ways. a. they started in 76. b. they have been performing for the past 30 years. c. they became big in 1987/1991. d. what bands do you listen to that are so much newer (and are actually good bands), e. what bands do you think are good/have withstood the test of time?, f. does led zeppelin count as an 80s band? U2 played only a 1/3 of their time in the 80s .. led zeppelin played about the same amount of time in the 80s ... but they are not classified as an 80s band

Sponsored Links

#4870 - 01/11/06 06:02 PM Re: public discourse
paulpierce34 Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Hey, thanks frank for representin my homeboys here in Dublin. I have to agree, although I hope that this doesn't start a huge argument. Perhaps just some healthy debate?

You also have to remember that U2 are still considered by many (Rolling Stone, etc.) to be the biggest band in the world. Very rarely seen (if at all) for band members all in their mid-40s. Still winning Grammys, People's Choice awards, etc. for their music to this day. Even if you don't respect them for whatever, you have to give props to that aspect of their musical careers.

#4871 - 01/11/06 06:06 PM Re: public discourse
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Loc: Where ever Gizmo is
For note since that thread was started for ME i have every right to close said ost if it gets stupid and the last time someone brought up U2 here a war almost started between a punk and all of us moderators. i also have evry right in the world to say they suck. i dont have to like them or their music just like i dont have to like you.

now if you dont like me closing a thread that was ment to say happy brithday to icemyst (yet again that is ME). then blow off and dont start new threads to bitch about other ones being closed.

Donate to the "Baby Trey's Digital Camera" fund here .

#4872 - 01/11/06 08:31 PM Re: public discourse
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
This is just sad,

paulpierce34
frank

Are bot from Verizon in boston, both the same person. I guess he couldn't get enough boner fans to join his cause so he felt the need to support himself. Well when you are supporting your own penis with your own hand tonight because you can't get a girl, think of what an idiot you made of yourself on here and how we saw through your bullshit.

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2148 Members
46 Forums
35207 Topics
70377 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28369
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767, Devo60, ali
2148 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 430 Guests and 277 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!