UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#5314 - 12/16/03 08:35 PM Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Under a proposal by President Bush, more than 8 million workers might not be paid extra for the overtime hours they work. President Bush can make these changes through executive order, even over objections from Congress. Please show your support for overtime pay during the Overtime Pay National Week of Action by signing this petition.

http://www.saveovertimepay.org/index.cfm

Sponsored Links

#5315 - 12/16/03 09:19 PM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Signed.

This is complete bullshit! I can't believe that bush would approve this shit! I mean damn, if I'm being forced to work an extra hour or up to 3 per day you better believe that I'm going to be getting my overtime! Most of us hate our jobs, it's torture bieng there longer than what you have to, all but that extra money, but this, dear lord..

#5316 - 12/17/03 04:27 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Disgruntled Offline

Loc: Limbo
I see he's still up to his dirty tricks! all he's doing is greasing the palms of his rich-ass friends, and buying votes from rich buisness owners!

#5317 - 12/17/03 07:30 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

Loc: Where ever Gizmo is
most families survive just
barley thanks to over-time pay. wtf man!! is he trying to srew this country over. shit he's already fucked our reputaion to the point of no salvation but make it so we can't earn our money!!! FUCK THAT AND FUCK YOU BUSH!!!!! if he had it his way there's be no tree's left cause they'd all be cashed in for money, he'd sell the USA to the highest bider, fuck....

Donate to the "Baby Trey's Digital Camera" fund here .

#5318 - 12/17/03 09:47 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Disgruntled Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by IceMyst:
most families survive just
barley thanks to over-time pay. wtf man!! is he trying to srew this country over. shit he's already fucked our reputaion to the point of no salvation but make it so we can't earn our money!!! FUCK THAT AND FUCK YOU BUSH!!!!! if he had it his way there's be no tree's left cause they'd all be cashed in for money, he'd sell the USA to the highest bider, fuck....
He screwed the USA over the second he stepped into the white house! Thats why he has that shitty smirk on his face when he's on camera.

#5319 - 12/17/03 03:53 PM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

i wonder why he studders every other word then when he has his whole speeh in front of him. guess he can't read just like he can't be a half-ass president.

#5320 - 12/18/03 04:59 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
dashocker Offline

Loc: Cornfields everywhere...
Is there even any legit reason for this proposal? I mean, seriously? Bush is doing all he can to enact bills/laws/etc. to increase executive power and override Congress. Truly sad.

#5321 - 12/18/03 05:17 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Disgruntled Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dashocker:
Is there even any legit reason for this proposal? I mean, seriously? Bush is doing all he can to enact bills/laws/etc. to increase executive power and override Congress. Truly sad.
Whats truly sad is the fact that Americans are letting him get by with this shit! Can you imagine another 4 years of this crap?

#5322 - 12/18/03 06:05 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
Er... can someone please explain the "other side" to this story? I mean, I am not a fan of Bush, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy/President that would pass something like this.

#5323 - 12/18/03 07:34 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Disgruntled Offline

I don't think hard working Americans care what his reasons are for doing this, all they know is that they are going to lose money thats helping keep food on their tables and paying their bills. As far as I can see, the only ones benefitting from this, is bush, and greedy buisness owners.

#5324 - 12/18/03 11:02 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Gollum Offline

Loc: US
i agree with jon on this. like i said b4, i prefer to hear both sides of the story. and you don't go taking away overtime without a good ass reason for it. i mean...you just can't.//
Follow the direction no matter where it goes
Let the truth blow like a hurricane through me

#5325 - 12/18/03 11:34 AM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

the only reason i have heard from bush is that he wants to save big companies money but what he doesnt care about is the fact that he's going to fuck over the rest of the country.

put it this way: if the average person makes $7/hr and work 40hrs a week in 1 week so that means they make $280 and that's before taxes after taxes it's $196. but if that peson does 5 hours of over time they'll make a total of $332.50 before taxes and $232.75 after taxes. but with out that over time pay for 45 hrs of work they would only get $315 before taxes and $220.50 after. that's $12.15 less when lossing time and a half pay though some places pay double time and a half. but in this country every penny counts. that's $12.15 more for bills, cloths, food, education... as the hours add up so does the money lost and so is time lost from ur family.

what if some one works 50 hrs a week at $7hr. that's $245 with out over time with over time pay it jumps to $269.50. that's $24.50 more.

do ya get my point? i hope so...

#5326 - 12/18/03 03:03 PM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
fleshwound Offline

Loc: CO
jesus.. do you guys even read anything about this? while i agree that overall the bill isn't the best, but damn, there are some very good things in it. it "would require overtime for workers earning up to $22,100 a year, up from the current ceiling of $8,060." how can you tell me that's a bad thing? it would also "provide modest increases over last year for low-income school districts, AIDS treatment, Head Start, job training and biomedical research at the National Institutes of Health"

and this effecting 8 million people? the Labor Department said the real figure is closer to 644,000. now, that is a huge difference.

"The regulations would not affect workers covered by union contract, but the Labor Department says as many as 22 million jobs may be covered by the new rules. The Bush administration furthermore says the rules will only affect salaried, white-collar office workers who do not perform manual labor"

#5327 - 12/18/03 03:59 PM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
Gollum Offline

Loc: US
ah, thank you fleshwound. i knew there ahd to be another side to it.//
Follow the direction no matter where it goes
Let the truth blow like a hurricane through me

#5328 - 12/18/03 05:05 PM Re: Help save overtime pay and protect the 40 hrs work week in the US
IceMyst Offline
UGN Elite Poster

and you think bush is really going to do this to help. when was the last time he actually went through with what he said (besides saddam's capture, that was bound to happen with out with out his stupidity)....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33494 Topics
68661 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26657
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 746 Guests and 317 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!