UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6023 - 12/10/03 03:41 AM Re: Religion
Disgruntled Offline

Loc: Limbo
I don't know what other people believe when it comes to GOD and religion. I personally believe in GOD, but not organized religion, because there is too many inconsistencies in the bible, and too much hypocrisy in the churches. But hey, that's just what I believe. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, as long as that belief is not forced on others, or that belief causes harm to any living thing on this planet. Even though I believe in GOD, I try not to become to zealous. I try to be flexible,so that I can incorporate new ideas into my belief system. I wish alot of people could be openminded when it comes to religon, if they did they might learn somthing new and wonderful. For a large part of humanity this sadly will never happen. They will never know the joy of looking outside their little box, and seeing the larger world and universe around them.

Sponsored Links

#6024 - 12/10/03 04:19 AM Re: Religion
Shinobi Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Asheville, NC
I personally have done a lot of research and thinking on the subject. As I believe people need to. I think the saddest thing people do is waive their right to ask 'Why?'

You learn so much by just asking why, but in religion people tend not to question. Just accept, but I do also believe people need to keep their religion to themselves, and to others that believe the same as them.

Forcing ones beliefs on another person, or criticizing ones beliefs just because they are different from yours is the biggest thing that is wrong with the world today. If people would just accept others beliefs. There would not be have the war/conflicts that have happened in history.

I get so tired of hearing people say 'YOU'RE GOING TO HELL'. What a outright display of ignorance that is, one that infuriates me to no end! Ok, I'm starting on my own rant so I'll end it here, sorry for the rambling.

Tech Ninja Security

#6025 - 12/14/03 11:36 PM Re: Religion
Red Mage Offline

Loc: here.
If someone goes up to you and says "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!", might I suggest that they are 'bad-ass' teenagers trying to diss on you? The Christian belief says that that is possibly the stupidest thing someone can do. On the topic of forcing religions on people, consider Muslims. The Q'Ran actually says to kill anyone who leaves their religion, and to force it on everyone.

#6026 - 12/15/03 03:42 PM Re: Religion
fleshwound Offline

Loc: CO
isn't it Koran? anyway: i don't care if someone's religious text specifically says "push your beliefs on others" it's still obnoxious and wrong.

oh, and my sister that comes up to me and tells me i'm going to hell is not a teenager, she's 34.

#6027 - 12/15/03 11:46 PM Re: Religion
dashocker Offline

Loc: Cornfields everywhere...
I agree people can think whatever the fuck they want etc. But most people have the purpose of religion mixed up anyway, in my opinion. I see it as a way of living life, making decisions, treating others, and what have you. That's why it is so personal, one mindset isn't going to work for everyone. You have to figure yourself out, decide what works for you. That's why there are so many people who go to church, pretend to love Jesus, then go out getting fucked up/breakin the law/whatever, and tell other people that they are going to hell for not being Christian. Why? Because they aren't really Christian, and those beliefs don't work for them and so they don't really follow them.
BTW, "Quran" can be spelled any fucking way you want cause it's just a translation from Arabic. And Red Mage, you shouldn't pretend to be a non-zealot Christian and then go on and talk shit about Muslims, unless you have read the Quran and done research, discussed the religion with an imam, etc.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Featured Member
Forum Stats
2150 Members
46 Forums
35739 Topics
70909 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 28900
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666, defghi795767
2150 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 393 Guests and 330 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News
luxury goods sales at $405B by 2019
by golqm
10/28/14 05:19 AM

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!