UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#6667 - 12/07/02 12:34 AM Newbie trying to learn the ways...
danielfi99 Offline

I have been working with computers for about 6 years now, mostly for games. I have tryed to learn about hacking and such but never really had the discipline to sit down and read, and read, and read about things that to me was very difficult to understand. However, now that I find myself older and more able to understand complicated things, I am becoming very interested in learning, not just about "hacking" but also things that will generally benefit me and others. I know you didnt click on this post to read my life story(I appologize if it did seem so) but I just tried to give a general backround. In this post I ask that someone please give me a website or something of some sort that will aid me in finding information or just helping me to learn the ways of hacking. I am relatively clueless compared to many others I see post on this forums. Posts that I have spent reading on these topics are very foreign to me for I do not know all the 'slang' and shortcut terms. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links

#6668 - 12/07/02 10:44 AM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
AlienTerror Offline

Loc: Sweden
well reading is learning as they say=)
these pages has both programs and tutorials etc etc, so you just don't have to read (it is pretty hard with the time):
Hacker.com
EvilInside(great page i think=)
Ankitfadia (facts it was)
Mail Hacking(i don\'t think it works)

This was some of the most interesting pages i know, hope i've been a help... but what do i know i'm not good at this.

#6669 - 12/07/02 10:46 AM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
BlackSpider Offline

It depends what you want to know.

HTML

PHP

CGI 101

CGI

ASP

#6670 - 12/07/02 01:08 PM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Read through the KBASE, theres some outdated info there, but there is also a lot of info that still works. The new design should be up soon, it'll be more organised and easier to do searches.

#6671 - 12/07/02 01:34 PM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
Ice Offline
UGN News Staff

Loc: Canada
hehe i see u used my HTML tutorial = ) Anyways mabye if u spent 6 years on game mabye ur experties is in games (game developers and map makers make alot of money to, but reading is the most important part man Keep reading and reading
Learn a language C/C++ or PHP or some other good language, Get involved in the community more

-Picasso

#6672 - 12/07/02 02:42 PM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
danielfi99 Offline

I am taking a course on C++ right now, so far im halfway through it. I guess I should have put that in the original message--heh it passed my mind sorry. Thanks everyones help im going to check out all that now. And to answer your question BlackSpider, I dont know exactly yet I just wanted to be knowledgeable enough to retaliate if someone hacks me or something. Mostly general things that can help someone overall with computers and such. Thanks again.

#6673 - 12/07/02 03:07 PM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
sinetific Offline
nobody

Loc: Ann Arbor
I would suggest learning al you can about tcp/ip and different internet protocols. Learn all you can. The only thing that stops anyone from being a "hacker" is lack of knowledge on a subject. If something intrests you read about it, know it. Then when the time comes you'll be able to own it. Knowledge and understanding will give you the ability. Once you have that the potential is endless. What you do with it is up to you. The slang terms wont really help you, its the technical information that will. As for webpages that will help you, you already have the one you need. If you have a question post it, someone will help you out.

#6674 - 12/07/02 10:56 PM Re: Newbie trying to learn the ways...
Griffon Offline
Homosexual

Loc: Australia, Adelaide
I think the best way to learn is to read all the text on what you want to learn then write your own tutorial on the topic I have its for the complete newbie on NetBios attacks its really easy stuff.

download the word document

http://www.geocities.com/g_legriffon/Beginners_Guide.doc

Moderator:  Infinite 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2152 Members
46 Forums
36096 Topics
71266 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 05:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 29257
Gremelin 7193
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
cdefgh368568, HushHush, golqm, Tim050, Gecko666
2151 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 329 Guests and 352 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!