UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#7021 - 12/07/03 12:12 PM Re: down with aim spam!!!
IHateSpam Offline

Hey, I'm new to this board, but I signed up because I saw this little message about candidclicks, and I swear I wanna do whatever it takes to get these stupid [fill in your favorite explative here] off the net. I get at least 4 AIM spammers a day IMing me about some candidclicks link. Its been annoying the crap out of me. It's not even the fact that their users spam people to get money per click, but mostly because this stupid company won't do anything about it! Assuming you do jump through hurdles to report these guys as candidclicks requires (send screenshot, send AIM username, send username of person that sent the spam) then its still likely that they won't terminate these people's accounts! I flat out asked them why they need MY screenname to cancel someone elses candidclicks account, and they've ignored me ever since. And yea, I could just block out all users that aren't on my buddy list, BUT WHY!?! Why should I have to go out of my way to block out people that are annoying me, and at the same time inconvenience myself by not allowing new people i've met IM me until I had them first. I just want to stop these guys. Candidclicks has been THE ONLY company that i've recieved AIM spam from in a long time, so if I can get rid of them, I get rid of my problem. Please send me any information you have about places I can complain to about this company. Thanks!!

Sponsored Links

#7022 - 12/07/03 01:36 PM Re: down with aim spam!!!
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
They find you morons from you listing yoru information prior to editing your profile! If you want it to STOP CLEAR THE SHIT OUT!

They find you via searching AIM for people who are dumb enough to fill the shit out!

Summary: fill it out and be spammed, erase it and not, don't and you're a moron.

#7023 - 12/09/03 01:33 AM Re: down with aim spam!!!
IHateSpam Offline

hey, screw you man. I haven't filled out that stupid AIM information listing thing EVER. I don't want some stupid little 13 year old IMing me with A/S/L. Even without this, I still manage to get spammed 3+ times a day with those damn candidclicks messages. I dunno how they get my info, but what I do know is that there's something seriously sketchy goin' on.

This is the last E-Mail I recieved from them:

>Please send in your screen name to me and i'll make SURE that the spam will
>stop. I will also instant message you from my own screen name to make sure
>everything is under control.
>
>My screen name is "CandidPublishing", please add it to your buddy list.

Someone tell me how giving them my screen name is gonna terminate accounts that spam me! Every time I ask, they just ignore the question. So yea, before you start insulting me about something I haven't done, know the facts.

#7024 - 12/09/03 05:48 AM Re: down with aim spam!!!
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Hey, kid, read the user title.

Secondly; 95% of AIM spam is because of that so FUCK YOU.

Thirdly; he got your info from you putting it somewhere, a website, a form, an AIM Form; get a clue.

If it fucking annoys you so badly delete your damn nick and get a life; AIM isn't the world ya know... Ever try BANNING him? yeh, you're a moron.

#7025 - 12/14/03 09:12 PM Re: down with aim spam!!!
creeah1 Offline

Loc: Hopewell, VA
Actually, I've researched this issue quite a bit, because it happens to me too, and I've found that people that did send them their screen name had the spamming stop instantly.

Seriously, I'm going to email them right now, and tell them I'm an 11 year old girl, and I really dont like it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infinite 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33482 Topics
68649 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26645
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 732 Guests and 325 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!