UGN Security Forums
My ProfileMember DirectoryLogin
Search our ForumsView our FAQView our Site Rules
View our CalendarView our Active TopicsGo to our Main Page

UGN Security Store

Network Sites UGN Security, The GoNix Initiative, Elite Web Gamers, Back of the Web, EveryDay Helper, VNC Web Design & Development
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Sponsored Links
Latest Postings
Latest Reviews
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9921 - 02/18/04 12:23 PM ip changing program
servo system Offline

Loc: us
does anybody know of a good ip changing program out there that iether puts out a fack ip address and or changes it every so often?

Sponsored Links

#9922 - 02/18/04 02:10 PM Re: ip changing program
Infinite Offline

Loc: Canada eh
No such thing.

Edit: Now that I think about it, that was a piss poor answer. Totally true, but piss poor.

First off, you need to learn what an IP address is, and then you will see why.

Read this:
http://support.wrq.com/tutorials/tutorial.html

And then this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q169289

Don't worry about the technical stuff, just try to understand the concepts on those pages. Then when you're done come back and ask some more questions (because you will have some )

Infinite

#9923 - 02/18/04 05:43 PM Re: ip changing program
§intå× Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by servo system:
does anybody know of a good ip changing program out there that iether puts out a fack ip address and or changes it every so often?
Welllll there is no ip changing program per say... But there is something called IP spoofing. You can do it too. After say 2 years of study in how IP addresses work, browsers, http, ftp, smtp, pop3, and the list goes on. In the mean time you can hide or mask yoour IP several different ways. Do as Infinite says and read the content on those links. That will give you a base.

#9924 - 02/18/04 09:20 PM Re: ip changing program
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
There is a program called Stealthier which takes a list of proxies and randomates them for every request... It's about as close to an ip changin program as you're ever going to get...

#9925 - 02/19/04 05:44 AM Re: ip changing program
dancing_galaxy Offline

Loc: Greece
In my opinion, the best way to change your ip address, is to do ip chaining (connecting to multiple hosts, proxies, wingates), but to do it effectively, you should make a program, that checks every host, and adds new to the chain, hmmm..interesting.

Cheers
Dancing_GalaxY

#9926 - 02/19/04 05:56 AM Re: ip changing program
Gollum Offline

Loc: US
steganos internet anonym pro does it too. changes the proxy like, once a second. for web browsing anyway.//
Follow the direction no matter where it goes
Let the truth blow like a hurricane through me

#9927 - 02/19/04 07:26 AM Re: ip changing program
Shinobi Offline
UGN Member

Loc: Asheville, NC
Connecting through proxys is the only way to "change" your ip address. Though it doesn't truly change YOUR ip, it does change the IP that thesite sees. Steganos does do this well.

The problem with spoofing your ip address is that you get no information back. Because it is sending it to the spoofed IP address. This method is most commonly used in DoS attacks. Because its use is very limited.

Tech Ninja Security

#9928 - 02/21/04 06:46 AM Re: ip changing program
weeve Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: The Beach
it's that old windows spoof urban legen from back in the day when people spoofed in linux. Heh the windows uses then always wanted to spoof, and all of the windows c/vb coders tried their hardest to code a program to copy it. But humpty dumpty was never a egg. Heh. In short the question was piss poor like syntax said heh, thus any answers may be wasted till learning is done. Ip Fakers lol. Proxying, and ip chaining from a spoof topic. This used to be a big one, like how to hack your ex's hotmail account, and where to find cc's. LoL
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

#9929 - 04/01/04 03:00 PM Re: ip changing program
? Offline
UGN Member

Quote:
Originally posted by weeve:
This used to be a big one, like how to hack your ex's hotmail account, and where to find cc's. LoL
How to hack you ex's Hotmail: setup a webserver on ur computer, send them an email with a link to the server, wait for them to click the link, read the log, copy the url from which they came into ur browser and hit Enter.

Where to find CCs: Go to ur local ghetto, buy a gun, put one of ur momma's stockings over ur head and stick people up for their CCs. make sure to tie them to a tree and cut of their fingers so they can't call the bank and cancel their account.

#9930 - 04/01/04 07:06 PM Re: ip changing program
Artic Warrior Offline
UGN Member

Loc: My room
If I connect to internet via a university network proxy server then would it be wise to use steganos or would it screw things up and then I wont be able to access the internet?

#9931 - 04/02/04 09:00 AM Re: ip changing program
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
Depending on what you are doing, always test your proxy and remember not all proxies are anonymous and they could also be logging your connections. So while you may be making it a bit trickier, if your doing something wrong and think a proxy will protect you, it won't. Well, not very well.

#9932 - 04/02/04 10:41 AM Re: ip changing program
weeve Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: The Beach
anonymizer is l33t for that:D l33t...lol

"?" threw me off:) making me laugh to hard heh, all yea, were talking about spoofing here. I think your best bet would be mac address stealing, and multi proxy use. Chain them, like remote bouncing. The farther on ip range sets, and country wise. Both, the better. Yet, today, if your doing STUPID shit, the real kind, have 500+ behind you, unless you have something auto sweeping, and cleaning logs/caches on a deep level your gonna get into trouble.

Jon basically said that. There's alot of ways to fraud an address, or hide. But if your wanting to be found, by doing stupid shit, it's not gonna be hard. Esp for the skilled. If you are doing something wrong, like jon said. You should be on like a coupler on a payphone dialed up to an accout that's not yours, remote bouncing through about 50 shells, 3-10 internal terminals, and then out through 10-20 proxies/botnet parts. But then, unless you pick high end connections, it's gonna take like a minute for about 50-200k to tranfer:D Quick in, out. Though there are many ways to even the weight of connection strength, and anonymity so as to procure effects.

Either way I neither suggest, nor does UGN Security you follow said info, or attempt to hold anyone of this site responsible for your actions. As they are your own, and this is just for informational purposes.
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

#9933 - 04/03/04 03:24 PM Re: ip changing program
? Offline
UGN Member

if I was to do something rite now I would jus use a hotspot or jack somebody's AP. I mean, they might be able to trace it quick but unless you go somewhere that has cameras it's pretty safe. but then again, we're all a little paranoid here. law enforcement agencies only solve haking cases if:

1. the hacker was very stupid
2. the hacker went on IRC an bragged about it
3. there is a lot of media attention about it
4. the hacker defaces a website and his hacking name is his real name (jonconley)

#9934 - 04/04/04 07:09 AM Re: ip changing program
jonconley Offline
UGN Super Poster

Loc: Merrill, IA, USA
Good thing I don't do anything as malicious and pointless as website defacement

And you may be correct about "General Law Enforcement", but you should probably do a search and read up on some hackers and how their were caught w/ the help of corporations themselves and the government.

#9935 - 04/04/04 10:39 AM Re: ip changing program
Gremelin Offline

Community Owner

Loc: Portland, OR; USA
Yeh, JC would be fucked... Look at my nick though, search google, come find me...

Edit By Ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Infinite 
Featured Member
Forum Stats
2145 Members
46 Forums
33429 Topics
68596 Posts

Max Online: 1567 @ 04/25/10 10:20 AM
Top Posters
UGN Security 26592
Gremelin 7192
§intå× 3255
SilentRage 1273
Ice 1146
pergesu 1136
Infinite 1041
jonconley 955
Girlie 908
unreal 860
Newest Members
Jimmie Menon, fghijk435948, Devo60, ali, lavos
2147 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered (), 723 Guests and 316 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest News

Donate
  Get Firefox!
Get FireFox!