UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Windows 7 Beta - 01/10/09 01:28 PM
The Windows 7.0 Beta came out today (here), however very many users found the error when the servers where whorded with users...

Quote:
Thanks for your interest in the Windows 7 Beta. The volume has been phenomenal -- we’re in the process of adding more servers to handle the demand. We’re sorry for the delay and we’ll re-post the Beta as soon as we can ensure a quality download experience.

If you'll see the error when you access the beta download, you can directly download at:
Microsoft Windows 7 Beta - 32Bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Beta - 64Bit

They are pretty big files (3.2gb), so it'll take a while!

You'll instantly note that these files are from the official M$ Download Center, and I believe the "trial" install is for 30 days; you can extend this to 120 days by following the instructions here.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows 7 Beta - 01/14/09 01:40 PM
There is a list of hints and tips for Windows 7 here

I'm wondering how many of the vista users are going to have to shell out an arm and a friggen leg for W7 for what vista should have been stable at...
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Windows 7 Beta - 01/14/09 07:20 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on it. I heard it's freaking awesome. Like pure awesomeness !
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Windows 7 Beta - 01/31/09 12:47 AM
Well now that I got it and installed it, I must say it moves a lot quicker then Vista in my opinion, but it's still buggy as hell, after all it's still beta.

Most annoying thing so far is that it reboots every 3-4 hours without any reason. I tried viewing the logs but I can't find any reason, apart from the "unexpected error".

Hopefully they'll improve it
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows 7 Beta - 02/03/09 12:15 AM
What I'm going to hate is that I'll have to still shell out the $ to upgrade yet another version of windows (from Vista) in such a short period of time... On two machines (laptop and desktop)
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Windows 7 Beta - 02/04/09 07:54 PM
I don't know about you, but I stopped paying for software a long time ago ...

*DigitalGeek flexes his l33t pirate skillz
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Windows 7 Beta - 02/04/09 08:56 PM
<snicker>..

I legitly own 2 vista licenses (Home Premium and Business), 5 XP Licenses (all home for some reason), W2k, and 3 W98 (2 SE)
© UGN Security Forum