UGN Security
Posted By: Ntd Favorite Movie - 06/13/04 07:37 PM
Hey, post your favorite movie here and why.
Mine would have to be ->
:: Shrek
and
:: Shrek 2
Also theirs one i cant remember ummm... Oh well i will post it when i remember. Oh yeah the reasons are beacause they are both very funny!!
Posted By: pergesu Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 10:14 AM
Rounders
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 10:24 AM
Boondock Saints... can't describe it, you have to see it.. "OMG you killed the cat! That was so [censored] cool!"
Posted By: IceMyst Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 11:55 AM
willow cause the midgets are [censored] awsome and val kilmer is hott
Posted By: sinetific Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 12:12 PM
Pulp Fiction is my all time favorite.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 12:32 PM
Funny no ones said lord of the rings, they were pretty good movies
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 01:55 PM
If you think LOTR is the "best movie ever" you obviously hven't watched too many modies... Yes they do have great effects and a good (for the most part) story line; but the best?
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 03:18 PM
Lol LOTR is not the best movie of all time, thats for sure!! However they are good movies.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 06:44 PM
He didn't say the best movie of all time. He said your favorite movie. Rounders is definitely not the best movie of all time, but it's my favorite. The best would have to be the Godfather.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Favorite Movie - 06/14/04 09:44 PM
Cool Hand Luke. It is a bit old, but funny as hell. Also there are a few life lessons in it if you pay attention. It make a statement about the man who goes against the grain.
Posted By: Predator Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 02:14 AM
Usual suspects - The character kevin Spacey plays is just a genious =)
Posted By: Watuu Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 10:18 AM
Yeah, Godfather!!!
Posted By: Infinite Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 11:27 AM
I don't think I really have one at the moment. When I was younger it was Pump Up the Volume. Now though, I don't think I've seen anything that I would call my favorite.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 03:08 PM
Nar the best has to be

STAR WARS....

But my favorite is Zoolander and his other one with owen willson.
Posted By: Infinite Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 09:33 PM
wtf? how many "favorite" movies you got? quit talking out your [censored] and be decisive would ya
Posted By: Imperial Re: Favorite Movie - 06/15/04 10:18 PM
PAGE 2!

hahaha

(post # 187 heh)
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/16/04 08:39 AM
My first topic that has gone to two pages laugh .
Ok for some people it might be hard to understand my list of favotite movies. So here is the simplest list ::

::1:: Shrek and Shrek 2
::2:: Zoolander and Starsky & Hutch

Now those are my favorites, however i do like lots more.
Posted By: Rican Havock Re: Favorite Movie - 06/24/04 02:48 AM
Ronin
Batman
Batman Returns (the rest fu*king suck):-/
Rambo First Blood (great movie he didn't do jack [censored] why did they try to kill him?)
Posted By: weeve Re: Favorite Movie - 06/26/04 09:26 AM
boondock saints, the abyss, and stargate. to not choose one. But there are many many many more.=D
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite Movie - 06/26/04 06:46 PM
Donnie Darko
More
Pi
Taxi Driver
Cool Hand Luke
Hustler, The
Breakfast Club, The
Clockwork Orange, A
Mulholland Drive
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Re-Animator
Dark City
Rear Window
Attic Expeditions, The
American Psycho
Rules of Attraction, The
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The
American Beauty
Crow, The
Evil Dead, The
Office Space
Elephant Man, The
Dentist, The
Posted By: weeve Re: Favorite Movie - 06/27/04 03:05 PM
Donnie Darko - Yea, I should have listed that=P Donnie Darko was insanely good.

Pi - WOOT!
Cool Hand Luke - O DOOD WOW John, what an original yo. I'll face you off in boiled egg eating any day;)
Breakfast Club, The - hah, and sixteen candle right? smile yea. fraggle rock needed a movie, so did gummy bears, and teddy ruxpin.
Clockwork Orange, A - O...DOOD..SWEEEEEET Such a GODLY MOVIE. Like the toxic avenger, or critters or class of nukem high, or other indies. kubrick is a genius. 2001, 2010, 2031.
Mulholland Drive - was sok
Monty Python and the Holy Grail - yea:)
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - need to see it, like I need to see 1984:X
Re-Animator - O HELL [censored] YEA, I just watched that last night
Dark City - WOOT
Attic Expeditions, The - what's this about?
American Psycho - yea heh crazy, and good.
Rules of Attraction, The - [censored] YEA!
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The - always a good one
American Beauty - lol, was good
Crow, The - yup
Evil Dead - laugh WOOT
Office Space - woot
Dentist, The - hell yea:D

Memories
Fight Club
Sixth Sense
Salton Sea
100 Girls
100 Women
The Matrix
Real Genius
From Beyond
Stargate
Alice In Wonderland
The Dunwich Horror
Beyond Reanimator
Necronomicon
pretty much anything from http://www.hplovecraft.com smile

All great.
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite Movie - 06/27/04 11:34 PM
Salton Sea, loved it. Totally underrated and Val Kilmer did a good job as always.

Fight Club was great also. Great casting and editing. I read all of Chuck's books now and they all hopefully get adapted to screen. Ditto w/ Bret Easton Ellis [American Psycho, Glamourama (In Production?), Rules of Attraction].

Alice In Wonderland I would also agree on. Moreso the live action version though.

Necronomicon is pretty good, if that is the Lovecraft one. I liked In THe Mouth of Madness too.

Beyond Reanimator, I just watched Fleshwound's DVD of it. Covered some weird things I haven't seen in any movies before. I love the DVD extra music video too.

Here is the IMDB link to Attic Expeditions (which stars Jeffrey Combs from Re-Animator and an amazing performance by Seth Green of all ppl)

StarGate is a pretty good movie also. Haven't seen any of the others you listed though.
Posted By: Shinobi Re: Favorite Movie - 06/28/04 12:03 AM
Boondock Saints, Jackie Brown, The Big Labowski, Dogma, Fight club..and uhhhh
Posted By: Ice Re: Favorite Movie - 06/28/04 04:38 PM
American History X and The 25th Hour
Posted By: dashocker Re: Favorite Movie - 06/29/04 04:04 AM
Most of my favorites were mentioned: 25th Hour, Rules of Attraction, Real Genius, et al. I always draw a blank when trying to think of my favorite movies, so thanks to those who did it for me laugh
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/29/04 05:57 PM
Everyone keeps saying Boondock Saints, must be a hell of a movie, can some tell me the genre and the general plot of the movie plz. Also do any of you do Physics because i have to do a student investigative report basically it is when we get to decide what we want to do as a Prac, however i have no idea. any ideas would be really appreciated the topic we have cover have been Sound,Electronics,Electricity.
Posted By: res Re: Favorite Movie - 06/29/04 07:51 PM
Boondock Saints - Genre: Crime / Action / Drama. Fraternal twins set out to rid Boston of the evil men operating there while being tracked down by an FBI agent.
All saints day is in production this year.
NTD stick to the subject of "favourite movies" post that query in another area.
Posted By: weeve Re: Favorite Movie - 06/30/04 12:45 AM
yea lol 25th hour, 13 floor. john necronomicon yes the lovecraft version:D Freakin pwns. At the mountains of madness is said to be being made sometimes in the soon future like 2005-2007 by guermo del toro or whatever, the director of hell boy/blade 2. Blade trinity is coming out soon, that's a good one. Beyond reanimator is actually better then reanimator. I have yet to see bride of reanimator. From Beyond is a lovecraftian adaptation that OWNS. All saints day hell yes, hell yes that movie is going to own, suppose to come out on all saints day too:) so I heard. Green irish men dancing all over:D

NTD gizmo would say go rent it NOW. lol I own it on dvd. It's um, a indie of sorts, it's very undefinable like most indies, unless you want to ruin them with definitions. But gizmo would also say http:/www.imdb.com

Lots of us for years have been watching cult films, indies, and using imdb.com I have since I was like 12, watching things like the toxic avenger and class of nukem high, space vixens, and critters on the usa network back when rhonda sheer still had the show UP! All Night:)

here is my list of more movies, some I want to see, and are favorites. Some are hard to get, and I will buy once on vhs online soon, but I know the story to a majority/

sorry for any repeats, I'm renting a few tonight, and plan on seeing more. Mostly horror or odd. I like that stuff. Marked which I've seen.

When Harry Met Sally -x
Karate Kid -x
The Fugitive -x
Chain Reaction -x
The Saint -x
Frantic -x
Dagon -x
The Resurrected
Cast a Deadly Spell
The Thing -x
Quatermass, and The Pit
The Unnamable
The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath
Bleeders
Castle freak
The Curse
Pickman's Model
Posted By: jonconley Re: Favorite Movie - 06/30/04 01:55 AM
Don't waste your time on Bleeders. Not good in any aspects, not amusingly bad either.
Posted By: weeve Re: Favorite Movie - 06/30/04 05:56 AM
no horror ot lovecraftian feel at all? I'd seen it said it was a mix of lovecraft, and king feel. But more so king. Is that the one with the blood eaters that have like suction cup faces? laugh Maybe I have seen it:X
Posted By: Ntd Re: Favorite Movie - 06/30/04 10:29 AM
horror movies have never appealed to me, i prefer funny movies.
© UGN Security Forum