My Internet Is Dead!

Posted by: ObiWan

My Internet Is Dead! - 05/10/03 08:22 PM

I think this topic goes here. I thought all of you might get a good laugh out of my misfortune/stupid mistake.

About two weeks ago I downloaded SuperScan and began scanning the school network. I was able to compile a list of what dorms have what sets of IPís. Last night at about 1800 I notice that MSN messenger is no longer working, and that I have no network activity. Yet everyone who lives around me is unaffected. After many attempts at trying to reconnect thought various means I realize that the school has shut me down. Now, as I read the schools Internet use Policy I see that I was in violation of it. Since this happened after 1700 there is no one I can call, and I am forced to wait until Monday.

So for the remaining 35 days of class I must use other peopleís computers or walk to a lab. There is one positive point, due to the fact that I am a CS TA for the school, I have 24/7 access to the CS building and labs.

So now I trust that you are all going to tell me what an idiotic blunder I have made.
Posted by: pergesu

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 02:11 AM

What an idiotic blunder you have made
Posted by: unreal

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 03:04 AM

Aye.
Posted by: Crime

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 06:36 AM

you = dumbass

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 06:39 AM

Yeh, but don't tell anyone. Wait, did you mean ObiWan ?
Posted by: Crime

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 06:40 AM

yep, only a dumbass would scan the same network he was on

Re: My Internet Is Dead! - 05/11/03 06:41 AM

Yep. Anyways, cerrado!