UGN Security
Posted By: SilentRage Problems with Nero - 08/05/02 01:35 PM
At least I don't think it's something wrong with my new CD burner...

Has anybody else had problems with burns failing a lot? I've ruined many CD-R's when attempting to burn audio CD's from mp3's. It wouldn't even make 10% before it would fail and stop. I've tried slowing down the burn speed and setting a few other options but nothing seems to work. Every once in a while a burn would be successful - with the same files with the same options.

CloneCD hasn't had any trouble really - but CloneCD doesn't have the feature to burn files onto a cd.
Posted By: psychogen Re: Problems with Nero - 08/05/02 04:27 PM
Actually since the last couple of versions I have yeah, but what you need to do is defragment ur HD it should work, usualy for larger amounts of data that are bigger than 200 megs it fails when not defragmented.

Also it seems to handle certain cd writers write buffers bad, i dunno its strange I got a LG writer with a 2 meg buffer and it [censored] up when writing with nero.

An older version of nero works fine also some adaptec [censored] which I hate.
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Problems with Nero - 08/05/02 06:16 PM
works for me fine.. i love the new version
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Problems with Nero - 08/05/02 06:36 PM
i agree, the new version is nice, it's never given me problems unless i was attempting to copy something that had copy protection...
Posted By: Mornse Re: Problems with Nero - 08/10/02 11:46 PM
I use Click 'N Burn Pro and I really like it. Burns all types of CD's and works fine. Maybe check that out?
Posted By: pergesu Re: Problems with Nero - 08/20/02 12:08 PM
Did you ever figure it out, SR? I just got Nero, and it always fails and stops at 7%. I don't know what to do...
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Problems with Nero - 08/20/02 06:32 PM
Well, once I got desperate and had it burn at 4x speed. It worked alright. But I dunno, it sometimes works at faster speeds too. I suggest looking for an older version if what psychosis man speaks truth.
© UGN Security Forum