UGN Security
Posted By: Cyrez Burnin - 08/22/02 08:36 PM
I have a 40x burner and all my software only goes up to 32x why is that?? its also updated software.. and i know its a 40x burner.. what is the problem
Posted By: Predator Re: Burnin - 08/22/02 10:04 PM
Hmm, Than your using the wrong software, i know ccd does support more, but bah, your life doesn't depend on those 20 seconds or so, be happy with 32x (yeah yeah i know your hardware does spport faster so why not to use it, bleh). And remember, the faster you burn a cd the worse the qualty is smirk
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Burnin - 08/22/02 10:46 PM
why would the wuality be worse if the c.d and the burner can support that speed??
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Burnin - 08/22/02 11:24 PM
Your cd's are a lot better if their burnt at 4x maximum, but people are pressed for time which is why things are being doubled, trippled, 500x lol...

You'll learn when you start recieving disk errors...
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Burnin - 08/23/02 02:52 AM
just because the software supports more, and the hardware supports more, doesn't mean you should go as fast as you can go. The likelihood of errors increase, which reduces quality. Also, keep in mind to check if the cd you're burning supports that speed. It should say what speed it supports on the CD itself.
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Burnin - 08/23/02 01:16 PM
yeah, like my 12x [censored] up more burning that fast than burning at 8 or 4, i cant tell much in quality tho.
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Burnin - 08/24/02 06:26 AM
so far i have gone through alot of c.d;s and no problems burnin really fast..
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Burnin - 08/24/02 01:35 PM
I thought you're only going 32x when everything supports 40x. Doesn't look like you're going max speed to me.

And darnit, it's just a increased likelihood that there'll be errors. Doesn't mean there will. Ya don't need to sit there and try to prove us all wrong. If you're not having troubles then all the power to ya.
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Burnin - 08/24/02 09:00 PM
haha ya im burnin 32x im gonna try to fix it soon cuz i want faster haha.. thankx
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Burnin - 08/26/02 11:10 PM
but anyone know how i can crank it upto 40x??
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Burnin - 08/27/02 12:07 AM
i have a question on this subject, i use ez cd creator for music...... if i dont run the test it will burn at 12x usually fine and if the test runs then it automatically lowers to 8x and everytime i try to change it to 12 it automatically goes back down to 8x. Anyone knows y the test runs lower? or how i can reset it back to 12x. The test is scanning the dvd rom drive speed or soemthing which is like a 40x or soemthing so id figure it should burn 12x fine.
© UGN Security Forum