UGN Security
Posted By: Gollum opinion writer john dvorak - 09/29/02 05:14 AM
ok, well, i'm not sure how many people here are familiar with the pc magazine opinion writer john dvorak, but every month i get my copy in the mail, his column(sp?) is the first thing i read. anyway, his lateset writing i thought made such a good point, that i'd post it not only here, but also on the hm/freq forum. anyway, here's a link to his latest work:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,548513,00.asp

-=Gollum=-
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: opinion writer john dvorak - 09/29/02 08:16 AM
Greetz Gollum

well i get a copy of pc mag too but i don't read it so much, i read more Oracle mag and Pc world mostly, but i read this article on the link you provided and yeah it was really good, that guy seems pretty smart and he discussed it really good, but if you just checked the posts there about his article, you can read some really interesting comments, anyway the article is pretty good.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: opinion writer john dvorak - 09/29/02 08:06 PM
good article, pointed out some good arguements. thanks
Posted By: Gremelin Re: opinion writer john dvorak - 09/30/02 04:13 AM
::claps::

::story time:: in college I always had bootlegs, i was sitting outside the libary with AutoCAD r14 for $100 when AutoCAD Light 97 went for $400 with the student discount smile ...
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: opinion writer john dvorak - 09/30/02 08:12 PM
I would definately rather have the real cd than a burned copy, but I would never buy nearly as many cd's if it were not for p2p. I would never have heard any of the music from MSI, Taproot, Tenfold, Team Sleep, Splashdown, an endless amount of techno, etc. I wouldn't risk buying a cd that I only liked one song on. But, after reading that article I feel alot less guilty about just downloading songs (wasn't feeling very guilty anyway).

I think it was Todd Wilkonson of Deftones that said he makes music because he likes it, if people don't buy it then whatever. Or something. Good point Screamer made in Freq, about how if people don't buy cd's then the only ones makong music will be the ones that love making music.
© UGN Security Forum