UGN Security
Posted By: Cyrez Crash Problem.. - 08/07/02 03:58 AM
Im running win2k... my computer will either geta blue screen that says somthin bout irq and

physical memory dump. or the computer will just shutoff. So i thought it was a battery

problem on the mobo since the comp is 3-4 years old. so i went out to radio shack and

bought a new battery. I got home installed it and im still getting the same problem. i went

into the bios settings and tried to find some irq settings and nothing seems to be

overlapping eachother. so what do you think the problem is. and how can i fix this? Thankx
Posted By: xero Re: Crash Problem.. - 08/07/02 09:47 AM
When does this happen? Is it totally random, or is there a certain program causing it or does it not boot up at all?
Posted By: psychogen Re: Crash Problem.. - 08/07/02 03:32 PM
I used to get screens like that with win2k after messing with the boot records and stuff, u should give us the exact error and its code, I might be able to help you.

It can also be that there is a problem with memory dumping, or not enough memory.

Another famous screen is NTLDR missing, press any [censored] key to restart. Not ur error but ts fun too
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Crash Problem.. - 08/07/02 04:04 PM
well it actually ran all night... w00t but everytime i click a link ot open a new window it crashes that browser im gonna reboot and see what happens..
© UGN Security Forum