UGN Security
Posted By: vendicate Remote Control - 02/25/03 03:23 AM
Ok I have a computer at home and one at work. How can I remotely access my computer at work through my computer at home.Meaning I can open anything,create,delete,copy,etc..almost like a BO except not.Is there a simple way?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 03:54 AM
PC Anywhere is one... In WinXP theres Remote Desktop...
Posted By: Infinite Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 04:22 AM
Citrix is another...
Posted By: §intå× Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 04:53 AM
telnet://I.P. of computer at work is another... heh

Are you behind a firewall at work, most likely you are and might need some sort of tunneling software.

Hey sum didn't you say you use winputty?
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 12:37 PM
will pcanywhere work even if i'm behind a firewall?
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 12:40 PM
My work computer is at a university
Posted By: Infinite Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 08:13 PM
Quote:
Hey sum didn't you say you use winputty?
Not winputty, just putty. And yes, I do use it fairly often. NOt sure how it applies here but it is a raw session/telnet/ssh/rlogin client all rolled into one that fits on a floppy. You can find it at http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html .

Infinite
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 09:05 PM
could you put that into simpler terms infinite? about putty
Posted By: Infinite Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 11:23 PM
That's not simple?

er....

Putty is a program you use to get a shell on a remote computer through one of the protocols mentioned above.

er...

Putty is a program you use to get a commandline that is running on a machine far away (or in the same room even) to appear on your own machine like you were really sitting at it.

er...

I don't know how to say it any plainer. Hope that helped.

Infinite
Posted By: pergesu Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 11:32 PM
er...

If you're running a telnet/ssh/rlogin server on your own computer, you can use putty to connect to it and h4x0r j00r 0wn b0x0r. PH33R!!!
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/25/03 11:33 PM
much better
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 12:12 AM
PC Anywhere will work for OUTWARD connections if you're behind a school network (everything will work outward, since most don't have their own external ip you won't be able to do incoming).
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 01:12 AM
Now what if my computer at home uses the university's server then will it be able to recieve anything?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 02:17 AM
If you do not have a phisical IP (you connect and the IP is dedicated to you, not a network) there aren't any remote access servers that will be able to help you since they idle on the IP and wait for a signal to open a connection. You'll have no real luck unless you'll be able to con your network admin into forwarding the ports from their router to your computer lol...
Posted By: pergesu Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 02:41 AM
"unless you'll be able to con your network admin into forwarding the ports from their router to your computer"

Which you won't be able to do
Posted By: Mornse Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 03:05 AM
What about using netcat at work to connect to computer at home, outbound connection which should go through the firewall/router and then you have a remote prompt?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 03:08 AM
Yeh, they do it for security and [censored] heh... Basically you're [censored].
Posted By: vendicate Re: Remote Control - 02/26/03 12:35 PM
exactly
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Remote Control - 03/03/03 11:01 AM
vendicate maybe need some basic knowledge to know what to do, yes? maybe he needs some info about ip-adresses yes? maybe a little something not called a "software that does it for you"?
am i the only one doing [censored] the hard way here?

/me so [censored] angry!!!

here is a tip vendicate: read all tuts at blacksun.box.sk
Posted By: §intå× Re: Remote Control - 03/03/03 11:54 AM
If he has broad band(on a collage campus he should) He should have a statc I.P. address.

Check it out man. Get your I.P. address today. And again tomorrow. If it is the same you have a static I.P. Now it is possible to have a static I.P. and be behind a proxy and or firewall and I.P. address can be muttled up in some maze of I.P. conversion from your network to the real world. Sooooo

Get your I.P. address Localy doing IPconfg from dos or the start>run bar.

then visit http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/

if they are the same your I.P. address is static and you have more options open to you.
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Remote Control - 03/03/03 12:40 PM
Be aware that http://www.whatismyipadress.com may not work. In my case, that page does not show me my IP adress but instead shows the IP adress of one of my ISP proxys that manages the traffic. After you get the IP adress from that page, do a "nslookup IP_adress" to check the domain name.

If you have an dynamic IP adress there are still ways of accessing your home computer without the need of knowing your IP adress every time.

One way of doing this is with a Dynamic DNS Update Client. For more info check out http://no-ip.org . They will redirect something like vendicate.no-ip.org to your IP adress. When your IP adress changes, the Dynamic DNS Update Client sends the new IP adress to them. So, you just have to remember the domain name. So if you have a web server on your box instead of going to http://IP_adress you would go to http://vendicate.no-ip.org. The same goes for a ssh server, which I recomand if you want to access your box from other places. Preaty neat.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 01:49 AM
I had a script up at http://gizmo.promodtecnologies.com/ip.php that showed just your IP on the page wink .
Posted By: Nagachaak Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 01:21 PM
u can still see your ip-adress at gizmos site if you press the contact button...
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 01:29 PM
Not working for me ... it still gives me the IP adress of the proxy.
Posted By: pergesu Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 01:40 PM
Run ipconfig. Here's the output from mine, tells me my IP address in the second line.

Code
F:\>ipconfig

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
You can get even greater detail with ipconfig /all

Code
F:\>ipconfig /all

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : baggio
        Primary DNS Suffix  . . . . . . . :
        Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
        IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
        WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139(A
 Ethernet NIC
        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-50-FC-74-F3-75
        DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
        DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 204.127.198.4
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 01:43 PM
If you connect through the web through a proxy it'll relay the proxy since thats the whole point of a proxy lol...
Posted By: Digital Geek Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 06:58 PM
I know, I'm just saying that the pages that claim to give you the IP adress don't work allways as planned.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 03/04/03 07:40 PM
Yeh if your "proxy" passes your address lol...
Posted By: Rican_havock Re: Remote Control - 03/06/03 06:44 PM
i think only XP Professional has Remote Destop
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Remote Control - 03/06/03 06:53 PM
home isn't worth buying lol... I own ::thinks:: 4 licenses to XP Pro and 2 to home. I can also get 6 versions of MS' software replaced under my house insurance agreement smirk...
Posted By: nomel Re: Remote Control - 04/30/03 06:08 AM
Remote Admin is another good tool.
Has all the features a standard trojan has...but it's not a trojan smile
Also lets you see the other computers screen in "real time" and control the mouse. It works surprisingly fast even on slow connections. It only updates the part of the screens that have changed...so just make sure not to run movies or anything if your on a modem smile

That's what we used to administer our windows server.
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: Remote Control - 04/30/03 08:54 PM
Linux or Windows? I'd use nc, telnet, (NOT R Services!!!), ssh (good idea) or any other good network communication program. Try talking to your sysadmin, what you're doing is most probably illegal though.
© UGN Security Forum