UGN Security
Posted By: firewallburner K-Base - 09/27/02 09:05 PM
How come the Knowledge base is always down?? Its been like this for a while now. i type in what im tryna find, and when i hit search, nothing happens. It says its under construction but dude said it was up, well. im out. later
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: K-Base - 09/27/02 09:10 PM
hmmm this is weird. i'll check if the same happens to me, if yes than probably Gizmo has a good explanation.
Posted By: pergesu Re: K-Base - 09/27/02 09:29 PM
Just go to the best texts section, there's tons of stuff there. Look for what you want
Posted By: CyberNerd Re: K-Base - 09/28/02 12:48 PM
Its down for me too, maybe if you posted in the UGN bugs section you might get more attention from people who know whats going on, or you might just get your post moved hard to say
Posted By: BackSlash Re: K-Base - 09/28/02 05:27 PM
the search engine doesn't work, all the text files are still available though, you gotta click "best texts" on the side of the search page. or, since that seems to be to difficult for you, you can just follow this link straight to it... http://www.undergroundnews.com/files/texts/best.htm

also, it is my understanding that gizmo is and has been working on the search engine, so i wouldn't bother posting it in the bugs section because he is aware of it.
Posted By: firewallburner Re: K-Base - 09/29/02 01:17 PM
ok Backslash, no one asked for an attitude. I have read all of the 100 best texts but that isnt all that ugn consist of, so dont be a smartass. later
Posted By: pergesu Re: K-Base - 09/29/02 05:12 PM
Okay dude, that looks like way more than a hundred. But anyway, I don't think BS was giving you any kind of attitude. He's just sayin that Gizmo already knows of the problem and will get around to it.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: K-Base - 09/29/02 06:41 PM
hey pergesu, man read your PM, and /msg me when you're online, so we can finish that java thing.

cya guys
Posted By: BackSlash Re: K-Base - 09/29/02 08:01 PM
i'm not trying to have an attitude, someone already posted the same question in another topic. i'm just saving you time from posting in the bugs section and telling gizmo something he already knows. and in response to saying that ugn consists of more than texts... those are mighty strong words for a new member. you seem to assume that gizmo is unaware of whats going on on his own site, and that i am unaware of what all ugn consists of, however, your the new one here. i don't have any problem with you, and i'm trying to keep my attitude under control... just think you need to check yours.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: K-Base - 09/30/02 12:57 AM
I never asked, but I assumed that the Best Texts section was actually all of them, but ranked in order of popularity. There was a big [censored] bunch of them last time I looked. It has been awhile now though, I mostly go to the board.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: K-Base - 09/30/02 04:06 AM
theres well more than 100 there, but they will all be terminated when the new design comes up.

The reson for this is because we will be making a portal for a database elsewhere and have our searches link to it all to save us on the bandwidth costs.

I figured if you saw "search down" and saw the listing to the right you'd get the clue...

I well know that the searches are down since the engines were some grosely [censored] up code. We have a designer now working on some code for us for a whole new design. Basically it'll be the same look and feel only faster loading, easier updating and more features.
Posted By: firewallburner Re: K-Base - 09/30/02 10:45 PM
BS - I know im new, and have been aware that Gizmo knows the search was down. He is most likely the one who updated the page stating that the search is down. I never said i was going to report any bugs. The other dude said that. And yeah, sounds like an attitude to me. I was just asking a simple question and you are over here being a smartass. Thanx for the 411 Gizmo. Do you know around when this project will be complete?
Posted By: firewallburner Re: K-Base - 09/30/02 10:47 PM
BS - I know im new, and have been aware that Gizmo knows the search was down. He is most likely the one who updated the page stating that the search is down. I never said i was going to report any bugs. The other dude said that. And yeah, sounds like an attitude to me. I was just asking a simple question and you are over here being a smartass. Thanx for the 411 Gizmo. Do you know around when this project will be complete? Later
Posted By: BackSlash Re: K-Base - 09/30/02 11:03 PM
you asked a simple question, i gave a simple answer. you choose to take it as a insult, which it was not meant to be
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: K-Base - 10/01/02 10:34 AM
well looks to me like you guys over reacted a bit here.. BS and firewallburner leave those argues now.. it was just a missunderstanding.. now you both chill out.

P.S. Gizmo said the code is kinda [censored] up, well now we'll just gonna have to wait for the new design and features (when it's gonna be published ) and yeah, i wanna see Cat's work..
Posted By: unreal Re: K-Base - 10/01/02 08:49 PM
Guys, this is getting nowhere. I'm leaving this closed until someone can show me why I should open it again.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: K-Base - 10/02/02 02:22 AM
Cat sais that there will be an example done for me to look at on friday. I'm estimating about another month or so, at latest a christmas present for everyone.
© UGN Security Forum