UGN Security
Posted By: CrackerMac Palm PDA - 01/24/06 09:13 PM
I think I'm going to be picking up a Palm TX this weekend. I'm looking for software recommendations, site links, emulators, and anything that is out of the standard uses.
Any cool tricks and tips will be appreciated.
Posted By: jonconley Re: Palm PDA - 01/25/06 02:45 AM
Some things to do when bored, wardriving or whatever they call it when using a PDA (especially if you have the GPS too), and bluejacking.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Palm PDA - 01/25/06 06:37 AM
Get one with a built in GPS, trust me, you'll use it time and time again...
Posted By: CrackerMac Re: Palm PDA - 01/26/06 01:52 AM
I already have a GPS though. I'm pretty set on the TX. It got great reviews and I got to play with one in Best Buy. I just want to do some other cool stuff on it.
It's going to be a good weekend. Heading down to Charlotte, NC to go pick up a Mac Mini for my girl friend, then over to Best Buy to pick up a TX.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Palm PDA - 01/26/06 09:36 AM
see there is a ton of software like mapping for the GPS reciever on a PDA, pocketmaps is a good example... Trust me, you'll want the built in GPS antenna that most providers have... In fact, when i buy a new one it'll have one...
Posted By: CrackerMac Re: Palm PDA - 01/26/06 02:10 PM
Most GPS/PDA combos are windows based which I don't want. My GPS does everything I need it to and more. Plus, once I connect it to my computer, there is unlimited potential with my GIS software. The TX is $300. Definitely can't beat it for the money. My GPS was $400 alone, so I'm not really about to replace it.

So doesn't anyone know of some great sites for PDA hacks?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Palm PDA - 01/27/06 02:21 AM
So you're looking for a non windows based PDA solution? have fun...

Myself I'm going with the Dell Axim X5 (or so) wiht the GPS reciever and a 1gb sandisk card...
Posted By: CrackerMac Re: Palm PDA - 01/28/06 04:51 AM
Palm my friend. Great windows substitute.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Palm PDA - 01/28/06 08:23 AM
I've used a Palm before, prefer WinCE/Mobile to PalmOS myself...
Posted By: CrackerMac Re: Palm PDA - 01/30/06 04:25 AM
Well, we can forget this topic. I bought a Nintendo DS instead.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Palm PDA - 01/30/06 04:41 AM
rofl... I'd have gone the PSP myself if i had the cahs
Posted By: Jaspel Re: Palm PDA - 01/30/06 04:53 PM
I would strongly recomend the axim x30 (ebay) or the Axim X51v Handheld( direct from dell for only $499 - auto 35% off = $324 w/ free shipping. )
Although palm is a little more clean and compact, there are so manny more programs for the ppc, and better user forms.
Posted By: CrackerMac Re: Palm PDA - 02/01/06 03:49 AM
haha, yea. I was debating the PSP myself. Since they were out of the Giga pack, it make the DS a little easier to part. Plus, games are cheaper for the DS.
© UGN Security Forum