UGN Security
Posted By: unreal Accident - 01/10/03 06:26 AM
I regrettably bring bad news tonight. Tonight it appears that Neo (UGN moderator and IRC help operator) ingested 7-9 500mg Tylenol capsules for unknown reason. Just after 10pm PST, an ambulance arrived at his home. That's the last contact Curse and I had with him.

I wanted to make this post to make the UGN community aware of this terrible accident. We should all keep him in our thoughts. Good luck, buddy.
Posted By: Cyrez Re: Accident - 01/10/03 06:54 AM
ARE YOU FUKIN SERIOUS
NEO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRO i hope you all right all my prayers go out to you...
Posted By: §intå× Re: Accident - 01/10/03 09:29 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha Yep I rember when Cure was shot dead too. Hang in there Neo! *snicker*
Posted By: Ice Re: Accident - 01/10/03 01:26 PM
I keep him in my prayers also = )
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Accident - 01/10/03 02:12 PM
If I believed in prayer I'd be right with you lol...
Posted By: Nem2k Re: Accident - 01/10/03 04:31 PM
I hope he will be fine :\

(Good sig Gizmo, lol And read your pm's :\)
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Accident - 01/10/03 09:25 PM
err, neo seems to have bad experiences with medecine... microwaving pillows, od'ing on tylenol.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Accident - 01/10/03 09:40 PM
Nem, i do read them, i'm ignoring you...
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Accident - 01/10/03 09:41 PM
mmm thats crazy, well I hope hes alright.
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Accident - 01/10/03 10:20 PM
hrmm.. so is neo ok then? has anyone heard from him?? hehehe... he's such a silly little boy. why the hell did he take so much tylenol? and yeah.. at least he didn't microwave any pillows this time. laugh
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Accident - 01/11/03 02:46 AM
lmao.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Accident - 01/11/03 03:12 AM
i wonder how unreal and curse were able to find out about this?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Accident - 01/11/03 03:27 AM
neo was chatting with them at the time he OD'd. neo told them about how much he took and that his stomach hurt and his skin was turning yellow. Unreal recognized the yellowing skin as a liver problem, and told neo to call 911. Neo did so and the ambulance took him away.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Accident - 01/11/03 04:28 AM
yes thats right, tylenol has real bad effects on your liver if taken in excess. i geuss he didn't give an explanation of why he did this? hope he's ok.
Posted By: Defcon Re: Accident - 01/11/03 06:35 AM
Its not the tylenol persay... its a chemical in tylenol, acetaminophen. You'd be amazed what nasty [censored] they put in over the counter meds...

Well I hope Neo gets through this ok, and I hope that no one ever lets him near over the counter meds EVER Again... the little man handle them.
Posted By: §intå× Re: Accident - 01/11/03 12:35 PM
Quote:
Its not the tylenol persay... its a chemical in tylenol, acetaminophen. You'd be amazed what nasty [censored] they put in over the counter meds...
Acetaminophen isn't actualy nasty... It is the active ingredent in Tylenol. Just look at any generic version of Tylenol and you will see it is the active ingedent. It is also used in many cold medicines
Posted By: fleshwound Re: Accident - 01/11/03 01:22 PM
but it is definitly very bad for you in large quantities. i think that's all deffy meant by that. laugh
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Accident - 01/11/03 06:38 PM
i didn't Neo but as far as he's an UGN Member, i'm really sorry to hear about that accident and i hope that he'll be fine soon..
Posted By: AlienTerror Re: Accident - 01/11/03 07:35 PM
hope you people who's taking drugs be more careful about what you do in the future....

It is'nt fun in anyway.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Accident - 01/11/03 08:46 PM
I don't think neo took the tylenol cause it was fun. I just hope it wasn't a suicidal gesture.
Posted By: Crime Re: Accident - 01/11/03 09:08 PM
only a dumbass would try to OD on asprin, 9 500mg capsuls would only make him unconscious. no serious damage would be done, a simple stomach pump and a week hospital stay would cure him.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Accident - 01/11/03 09:14 PM
that's why I said suicidal gesture, instead of a suicidal attempt. I don't think he really tried to kill himself. Some people do stupid stuff like shallowly slit their wrists just cause of emotional problems.
Posted By: Crime Re: Accident - 01/11/03 09:22 PM
thats why you slit your wrist long ways instead of sideways...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Accident - 01/11/03 11:28 PM
More fun to do them both :x...
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Accident - 01/12/03 01:37 AM
it was tylenol not asprin crime, and enough tylenol could have lasting effects on your liver. i don't know what quantity would result in that though.
Posted By: Crime Re: Accident - 01/12/03 01:46 AM
not with the 500mg he took, you would need to take alot for liver damage
Posted By: unreal Re: Accident - 01/12/03 07:05 AM
He did not take 500mg. He took 9 capsules at 500mg each. The harmful dose is 4000mg per day of acetaminophen (Tylenol). Neo apparently took 4500mg in one sitting.

Large doses such as those do not only cause stomach problems, but as BackSlash brought up, cause lasting liver problems (note that his skin turned a yellowish color).
Posted By: pergesu Re: Accident - 01/12/03 11:01 AM
I'm no expert on the subject, but after having four friends attempt suicide and one actually commit it, I am somewhat experienced.

I'm surprised SR's the first to mention that it might be a suicidal act. It seems to me that that's exactly what that was. People that attempt suicide usually don't want to die. They need some attention, so they'll do something that seems like a suicide attempt, but actually doesn't kill them. So he takes a bunch of pills, but a dosage that won't kill him, and gets online and tells someone about it. He gets rushed to the hospital, and then starts to get the attention that he needs. That's what I'm thinkin. The most common ways for teenagers to kill themselves are razors for girls, and ODing for guys. So what he did, and the method in which he did it, leads me to believe that it was, in fact, a suicidal gesture.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Accident - 01/12/03 02:36 PM
or just plain stupidity on his part. For all we know he had a killer headache. Nothing has been confirmed yet.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Accident - 01/12/03 09:53 PM
:/, my friend died cas of a liver defect from doing stupid [censored] smirk... Never really delt with it... So if they are just [censored] around, someone is going to get shot...
Posted By: fook Re: Accident - 01/19/03 07:07 AM
neo likes buttsex, even in the afterlife...

he's got this strange urge to take the tylenol anally too? says it works better that way...ewww
Posted By: ninjaneo Re: Accident - 01/19/03 07:12 AM
i r baing alive? heh
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Accident - 01/19/03 07:31 AM
welcome back :p
Posted By: Stealth Re: Accident - 01/19/03 06:20 PM
whats the story neo?
Posted By: Curse Re: Accident - 01/20/03 07:26 AM
Who the hell are you?
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Accident - 01/21/03 05:00 AM
yeah, im interested in knowing the story as well.
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Accident - 01/21/03 05:38 PM
lol, what in the.. yeh whos that guy? never seen him around till now.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Accident - 01/21/03 08:43 PM
fook is my local [censored], he likes to mouth off on the account that I used to pick on his sisters...
© UGN Security Forum