UGN Security
Posted By: SilentRage IRC Officially offline - 05/23/03 02:35 PM
As of now the IRC server is offline, and http://serialcoders.sytes.net is redirected to pergs website where it tells you that the site is temporarily down due to moving.

Comcast says they'll connect the cable connection at the new location sunday morning.

Since there is no official IRC host since Gizmo is prefectly willing to let you guys suffer for a couple days, feel free to post your own suggestions for IRC chatting. I'm sure Infinite would like to post the domain or IP of his IRC server, or whoever else may do the same or suggest a channel on a public server.

So if you think YOU'RE bad off not having a IRC server, just think about poor me who has to live without internet for 48 whole hours! I may go through withdrawal, convulsions, or even DIE!
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 05/23/03 04:23 PM
I do have an irc server up and running. I use it mostly for working on that perl client I been messing around with. However, since I am an IRC addict, and I kow some others are too, I have opened it up if anyone cares to stop by. This is totally unofficial and is a very temporary thing. But if you are interested, connect to 68.144.16.83:6667 and join the idling :p

And another option is the channel on dalnet. It's still a pretty sketchy network, but We do have a registered channel over there.

Infinite
Posted By: Predator Re: IRC Officially offline - 05/23/03 11:33 PM
Always willing to help, you know where to find me smile
Posted By: Ice Re: IRC Officially offline - 05/24/03 05:15 AM
i was wondering wtf was happening. I tried to connect in the morning, no connection, afternoon, no connection. hehe Owell couple of days of irc cant hurt = )
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 05/25/03 06:41 PM
<snicker> I don't care lol, email me the new ip addy when you get situated, sam and i are way too swamped so we hadn't had the time for anything... Although I do support inf doin his irc thang for a few nights till rage hurries up :-x...
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 05/25/03 09:59 PM
SilentRage has returned from his relocation hiatus and has the UGN IRC online again. At the present time only SR's domain is pointing to him, Serialcoders.sytes.net. Irc.undergroundnews.com/net/org haven't caught up yet, but will be there soon. So everyone is welcome to rejoin the IRC and commence our traditional idling orgy.

Infinite
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/02/03 12:27 AM
Anything new on this rage? I tried serialcoders.sytes.net and nothing frown ...
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/02/03 12:44 AM
No one has heard anything from rage since he left. I say we switch to Inf's server...
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/02/03 04:08 AM
He was back online for about two days, but then he dropped offline again. That was over a week ago now. No idea what happened or where he went. FYI my server is still up and running if anyone wants to come and hang...

Infinite
Posted By: pergesu Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/02/03 05:29 AM
And in case anybody can't remember the IP, like me, you can just use irc2.undergroundnews.org
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/02/03 06:11 AM
::ahem:: ::points:: irc2.undergroundnews.org lol...
Posted By: pergesu Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 08:55 AM
/me looks around
What're ya talkin about? wink
Posted By: dashocker Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 06:13 PM
My connection to both Inf's IP and the irc2.undergroundnews.org thing both keep timing out. Am I missing something here?
Posted By: UndeadBob Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 08:31 PM
its the same for me. i think inf's server is down now aswell
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 10:42 PM
AAaaaRrrgrgrgggghhHHhhHGGHhghg Noo iRc MAkes Sin Go Crazzyxyy!!@!!!

Infinites server seems to be down. We gotta do something about this...

/me begins downloading hybrid.
Posted By: unreal Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 11:45 PM
No beer and no TV make Homer something something...
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unreal:
No beer and no TV make Homer something something...
go crazy ?
Posted By: unreal Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/03/03 11:58 PM
Don't mind if I do!
Posted By: Ice Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/04/03 02:14 PM
god i miss the irc channel = (
Posted By: Gollum Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/04/03 03:39 PM
hmmm...first SR puts up his irc, then it disappears...along w/ him...now the same thing has happpened to inf. i think something fishy is goin on here. the curse of ugn has taken two more victims.//
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/04/03 07:35 PM
::counts::

Curse of UGN has:

Made Optix a fag.
Made IceDogg go bye bye.
Made Curse disapear.
Made SR Disapear.
Made Inf Disapear.

OMG!
Posted By: unreal Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/04/03 10:30 PM
OMG! The phone calls are coming from inside the house! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! smirk

Someone just call his [censored].
Posted By: BackSlash Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/04/03 11:46 PM
unreal will go next, undoubtedly
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/05/03 12:10 AM
OMG GIZZY YOUR NEXT !!!!
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/05/03 04:35 AM
::looks around:: [censored] that, that's why I moved!
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/05/03 07:21 PM
Ok, I'm gonna put my ircd online. If I disapear, everyone run for thier lives.

68.83.193.8:6667

Enter at your own risk.

It will be up and down all night as I configure services for it and mess with the conf file.
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/05/03 11:50 PM
sorry guys. Having some trouble with my utilities frown I should be back online within a week, I hope.

Infinite
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/06/03 10:10 PM
Aight, I'm back online again.
Posted By: Titanium Fox Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/06/03 11:56 PM
UGN Depending on someone besides themselves? Maybe I shouldn't have gone on the mission.

Titanium Fox
Posted By: pergesu Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/07/03 12:44 AM
Infinite is UGN. sin is UGN. SilentRage is UGN. So them hosting the IRC is UGN depending on itself.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/07/03 05:58 AM
Ti Fox, their all trusted staff, becides, our only "real" connection is the site, the IRC was always hosted on cable/dsl lines since I took over.
Posted By: Titanium Fox Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/07/03 09:10 AM
ouch, that must be hell, or just a bunch of people trying to impress one another. hey everyone getting their routers ready? Just kidding. smile
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/07/03 11:38 PM
yeh, the irc is lame, just abunch of idlers
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/08/03 06:24 AM
Ti Fox, if you look at it, the IRC has ALWAYS been on either a Cable/DSL connection; Beard hosted it on his home DSL connection.
Posted By: Mojo Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/09/03 06:53 PM
gizmo, at least spell my name right.
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/09/03 10:44 PM
haha, black beard smile
Posted By: dashocker Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/10/03 05:23 PM
Actually, I think that's IceDog.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 05:15 PM
*mumble*

I've been without internet for a long [censored] time. All hell is breaking loose over here. First my internet drops at the new location for no reason that I can tell. Then the apartment lease that we was trying to break came back to haunt us so we ended up moving back to where I came from. Then my roommate decides that we should repaint the entire damn apartment. So between moving twice, painting, and broke [censored] internet connections and setting things up, I've been MIA.

So yeah, the moving process is done, the painting is mostly done, the internet is back into working order. Now to finish setting up. My room happens to be the last room to get in order so my computer/irc-server is not yet setup. serialcoders.sytes.net is still pointing at the wrong comcast IP. Expect everything to be back to stability within a few days.

And Titanium Fox can kiss my [censored].
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 05:40 PM
He's still alive! I knew it!
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 07:19 PM
Does this mean we have to stop trying to track down his phone# and the calling of random people asking for 'SR'?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 07:59 PM
haaaaaaaaaaahahaha... Maybe that's it. The number that my staff application says has been forwarded to my roommate's cell phone number. The other day my roommate told me that some dude was calling for me and he sounded high. I had no idea who it could've been. Probably Crime or somebody from UGN. laugh (they asked for 'Dave' though, not 'SR')

Oh and btw. Even though you can't connect to anything yet, my new external IP is:

This way people can point their relevent domains to my IP ahead of time; such as irc.undergroundnews.com and irc.javaspot.net and whoever else. When I'm up, I'll let you guys know.
Posted By: Infinite Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 08:51 PM
Haha. Well it wasn't crime :X
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/12/03 09:08 PM
Lol, People always say I sound 'high'. He asked who was calling but I felt like a jackass saying 'sin' and I knew if I left my real name you would have no idea who called. Oh, well. I love the free long distance with sprint. laugh
Posted By: pergesu Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/13/03 01:43 AM
Hey welcome back, I thought you were dead. Seriously
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/13/03 02:27 AM
oh dear no. I've stuck it out through IRC klines and board bans. Nothing will keep me away. The myths and legends that follow old once-was members will never be my legacy. smile
Posted By: Crime Re: IRC Officially offline - 06/13/03 03:11 AM
dammit, SR isnt dead after all

unreal i owe you 20$....
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/10/03 12:36 AM
The IRC server seems to be offline again so once more connect to 68.83.193.8 6667 for all that idling fun.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/10/03 12:41 AM
::thinks:: humm... irc://sin.undergroundnews.org/ lol...
Posted By: sinetific Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/13/03 10:21 PM
yeah since the domain isnt resolving connect to irc://68.83.193.8:6667
Posted By: Ice Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/14/03 12:03 AM
seems like theres no one there = (
Just me Sin and Undeadbob
Posted By: dashocker Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/14/03 09:01 PM
sin's server is resolving to sin.undergroundnews.NET < can you change that on the front page Giz?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/14/03 09:14 PM
it says that there! both the .net and .org; not the .com smirk
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/19/03 05:44 PM
* SilentRage gets on the internet at library
* SilentRage mumbles and glares at comcast

My internet dropped for no apparent reason and I'm having time issues getting comcast to fix it while I'm at home. It may be a while longer before I'm back up.

* SilentRage is seriously pissed
Posted By: SilentRage Re: IRC Officially offline - 07/27/03 06:03 AM
back online, current IP: 68.51.39.58

serialcoders.sytes.net should resolve to the updated IP shortly.

UGN domains; who knows. It would be convenient if I could update the UGN domains myself. *looks at gizmo* Either that or CNAME.
© UGN Security Forum