UGN Security
Posted By: Artic Warrior a hackers life - 05/19/04 02:08 PM
Being a hacker sounds cool. But what makes them different from anyone else, besides knowing how computors and programs work etc.
Is there more that you guys have in common then the obvious interests. I think what Im trying to ask you elites and newbs is: what is your stereo typical hacker?

Do most of you guys like dance music, do you's eat at macdonalds. Can you pick out a posible hacker out of a crowd by looking at the way that they dress?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 05/19/04 02:41 PM
Everyone is differant, as in life; depends on the person and how they grew up. We all vary, depending on location and taste.

Me:
I like to drink, I love dance music (trance/rave), I like Alternative music, hell I even like Country music.

I eat at Pizza Hut, Burger King, and Pizza Schmizza (local specialty pizza shoppe).

I'm sure it'll be a little difficult to find a "hacker" or rather someone in the scene who enjoys country music; at least one that resides on the west coast...
Posted By: pergesu Re: a hackers life - 05/19/04 05:11 PM
I think that's one of the cool things about hackers. I definitely wouldn't consider myself a hacker, I just kinda hang around. But all the hackers here are completely different, and the loose ties they have are that they're interested in computers. There's no such thing as a hacker lifestyle, really. Everybody is so different, and everyone I respect appreciates those differences.

Beyond computers, I think the only thing that all the 13370 hackers of this board like is a certain member's boobies laugh

Oh, and I like country music, and I'm on the west coast :\
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 05/19/04 05:31 PM
Oh hell yes; even the female hackers like boobies...
Posted By: sinetific Re: a hackers life - 05/19/04 07:57 PM
We all love boobies ( . Y . )

I think the main thing that ties us together is our love of computers and technology. I mean, you wouldn't go to a bird watchers meeting asking them what ties them together besides ogling ostriches, would you? I think this question is retarded. The only thing that I could say they have in common is they are usually pale from a lack of sunlight and more intelligent than your average person.
Posted By: ? Re: a hackers life - 05/19/04 11:16 PM
well, you can throw the pale thing out too. I actually have a nice tan.
Posted By: sinetific Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 01:05 AM
There goes that idea then.

We all look like this:(according to google image search) [Linked Image]
No really, if you ever saw me you wouldn't think I could even turn a computer on.
Posted By: IceMyst Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 03:48 AM
that was me till gizmo interfered. i am no where's even close to being a hacker cause i'm still a major newb. now if you ask people who arent into sites like this and what not but have seen the movie "Hackers" then that's what they think hackers are like (sadly enough i thought all those pretty screens they saw you really did see when you hacked, shows ya how much i knew but then again i was mostly stairing at angelina joline's tits). but what i have learned from UGN and it would be nice if the rest of the world got the hint to is that as you all said before you cant really stereo type a hacker, yeah there probably are groups out there that are like the stereo types the world thinks of but on a whole there isnt and because of knowing that i am more respectful to every one who is and those like me who just hang out and watch and pick some new things up from time to time. (it is not a good idea for me to check the baord when i first wake up, sorry about the tangent guys)

oh and perg do my boobies count too? or is it all about fleshy? laugh
Posted By: pergesu Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 04:10 AM
I've only seen fleshy's boobies. Any picture with a shirt on just doesn't cut it wink
Posted By: IceMyst Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 12:47 PM
if gizmo wouldnt pull it down... if only
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 02:33 PM
Okay, the answers that you guys gave was kind of expected. I have seen the movie hackers and i thought that is seemed impressive that people could do that from a pay phone. But so far alot of the things from that movie seem far fetched now that I know more about computors and programs.
If anyone else has more to add to the initial question then please post it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 02:44 PM
Redbox? That's quite childs play.
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 04:31 PM
well ive never done anything like it, and the people I know dont have a clue. I know that there are people in here (UGN)that do. In australia we might have a different way. I dont ever recall seeing a red box anywere.

Though both countries are quite advanced, perhaps one of you guys can direct me to a part of these forums were I can find out about it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 04:53 PM
http://www.phonelosers.org/redboxtonedial.html
Posted By: §intå× Re: a hackers life - 05/20/04 08:33 PM
hackers are for the most part a large group with many sub groups. Like anything you have good and bad, people who take it too far, people who can balance it with life.

It is like anything realy. Some skaters are cool some are dicks. Some jocks do more than sports, some live for the game. Hackers are no different.
Posted By: Infinite Re: a hackers life - 05/21/04 04:45 AM
Curiosity would be one thing we all have in common. And the ability to persevere through whatever problem presents itself.

We all wanna know how things work, and we are all quite happy to sit around searching and reading till we find what we want to know.

Disclaimer: I don't think I'm a hacker. I'm just talking about the more senior people around here.
Posted By: pergesu Re: a hackers life - 05/21/04 10:53 AM
Don't listen to him, Infinite is the 13370 burrito.
Posted By: Red Mage Re: a hackers life - 05/22/04 12:46 PM
I have nothing to add to this discussion except that I'm just a hacker wanna-be, but I fit the pasty-underexcerised-always-wearing-glasses stereotype laugh

BTW-Where's Flesh's boobies? wink
Posted By: §intå× Re: a hackers life - 05/22/04 01:14 PM
We had to hack to see them. Infinite 's nut sack too. Oooops I've said too much.
Posted By: Rican Havock Re: a hackers life - 06/17/04 02:52 AM
Quote:
Okay, the answers that you guys gave was kind of expected. I have seen the movie hackers and i thought that is seemed impressive that people could do that from a pay phone.
U have to understand that those things were possible back in say the 1950's-80's since government wanted the "Internet" to be able to withstand anything destructive either by man or nature (i.e atomic or nuclear attack).

Some phones don't need to be plugged into a power outlet in order to get a dial tone....!

but now the pay phones of today are alot more high tech with all this pay with visa, an calling card, home voice mail(which can be easily hacked) sh*t it's Krazy. If u wanna try those tricks u might find it possilbe in probably Mexico or some south American country ( or wherever the phone line/phone system infrastructure of the country is the poorest)...

but watch out cause back in those days u could get away with anything but ol big brother jacked up the time... so tread the waters carefully...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 06/17/04 08:54 AM
Some payphones actually won't let you pay with Change now adays...
Posted By: Red Mage Re: a hackers life - 06/19/04 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
Some payphones actually won't let you pay with Change now adays...
That's kinda weird..
Posted By: Gremelin Re: a hackers life - 06/19/04 10:44 AM
They believe everyone has a Calling Card or CreditCard now :-/
Posted By: Red Mage Re: a hackers life - 06/23/04 02:56 AM
Well, I do have a calling card, but that's beside the point. :p
Posted By: TH3 93n3$t34l3r Re: a hackers life - 09/04/04 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sinetific:
We all love boobies ( . Y . )

I think the main thing that ties us together is our love of computers and technology. I mean, you wouldn't go to a bird watchers meeting asking them what ties them together besides ogling ostriches, would you? I think this question is retarded. The only thing that I could say they have in common is they are usually pale from a lack of sunlight and more intelligent than your average person.
about the more intelligent then other people well thats not true either just because we have an understanding for technology and computers doesnt mean we are intelligent take me for an example i am absolutly confused by math's and most of the kids in my class can do maths easily with out getting confused
Posted By: sinetific Re: a hackers life - 09/05/04 01:16 AM
Another thing that also differentiates us is our use of punctuation.
© UGN Security Forum