UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Favorite OS - 06/20/02 07:32 PM
What is your favorite Operating System?
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Favorite OS - 06/20/02 11:48 PM
windows 2000 def. here, i cant believe the only other 2 votes so far is winxp... its apiece of [censored].
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 01:12 AM
I pefer XP to 2k, but only after some major modifications... If you have the time and know-how to work with it and modify things it works like a charm, otherwise as you stated "piece of [censored]".
Posted By: bor Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 04:17 AM
You have to remember, there are two totally different versions of XP. XP Home is much more of a piece of [censored] (or so i hear) than XP Pro. XP Pro is much more based on NT, than home is.

Although this is only what I hear about XP. I don't actually run it, because I like Win2k. I submitted my vote for linux cause I love the fact that I can edit basically every configuration file, every program, every nook and cranny of linux by hand if it's needed.

Not to mention that I can keep my server up 6 months if I wanted to without any problems...Probably longer than that. Although the longest I've had it up is 2, because I decided that I was going to do something else with it, and never did.
Posted By: Moffesto Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 06:15 AM
yes, im referring to xp pro. I find that xp with my computer dont work out and i have no problem with 2k at all. Ive messed with XP alot when i did run it and i still hold my statement.
Posted By: bor Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 06:22 AM
Hmm. I've thought about trying XP Pro, but I think I'll just stick with Win2k. I've had nothing but love from it.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 11:27 AM
heh, I'm the only guy with the other vote cause I refuse to vote in this poll too - cause I'm not familiar with many of those OS's and can't make a intelligent choice.

smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Favorite OS - 06/21/02 06:42 PM
lol...

I pefer XP Pro to home... In fact the only real reason that I went with XP was because I HAD to have network shares for my network, but then my server burnt out, kinda ironic...
© UGN Security Forum