UGN Security
Posted By: Defcon stupid college... - 04/24/04 01:18 AM
Well someone hacked my schools network and screwed it up so they beefed up security by adding a firewall. I feel so safe now knowing that half of my stuff won't work now, I can't log into IRC, can't use my webcam, can't play online games, way to go Husson, thank you very much.

I wonder if I can use a proxy server but don't know any off the top of my head.
Posted By: Chem Re: stupid college... - 04/24/04 08:33 AM
SHH Tunnel.
Posted By: Defcon Re: stupid college... - 04/24/04 09:58 PM
hmmm how do I go about pulling that off Chem, I looked it up so I kinda have an idea, but most of the setup stuff was for Linux and I run Windows.
Posted By: Gollum Re: stupid college... - 04/25/04 12:33 AM
will SSH work though? wouldn't the server have to be running it as well?//
Posted By: Defcon Re: stupid college... - 04/25/04 01:33 AM
well I don't know, I do have a brief list of ports that ARE open: 25,80,443, and 8080 other then that everything is blocked. I tried changing the connection settings on mIRC but still no go. IR is gonna love me when they come into their office on monday and see 8 billion attempts from inside the network to get out smile
Posted By: Gremelin Re: stupid college... - 04/25/04 07:33 AM
8080 would be proxy most likely... Have you tried calling them and asking how you can connect to IRC lol...
Posted By: Defcon Re: stupid college... - 04/25/04 12:25 PM
Gizmo... I'd rather deal with the Gestapo then these guys. Most are too incompetent to even hook up a laptop to a projection unit. Seriously I thought about it, then I realized it wasn't worth it.
© UGN Security Forum