UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× Microsoft VM not as secure as Sun Java VM - 03/06/04 01:16 PM
Trojan.ByteVerify is a Trojan Horse that exploits the vulnerability described in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.asp
and could provide a hacker the ability to run arbitrary code on an infected system.

Also Known As: Exploit-ByteVerify [McAfee], Exploit.Java.Bytverify [KAV], JAVA_BYTVERIFY.A [Trend]

Type: Trojan Horse
Infection Length: various

Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP
Systems Not Affected: Linux, Macintosh, OS/2, UNIX
CVE References: CAN-2003-0111

Just found it on my box
Thought that MicroShit wasn't allowed to distribute their VM? Anyway, I use Sun's anyway wink
I have to keep M$ VM because some apps at work use thier flavor of java. Such a pain in the [censored]. I am so glad Sun won the lawsuit. Right now to use "Netlearn" a CBT(Computer based Training) system at work I have to dissable Sun Java systems in the IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced section in the browser. Just to load the pages. This of course requires a browser re-start. So I close all browsers then login again to use it.

Now NCON a network inventory tool uses only Sun Java. Dissable the Microsoft Java VM and the JIT loggin(I think that is right), to get that to work. Re-start the browser..

There are several like this. So now that M$ is no longer supporting it what will we do?

/me throws hands in the air screaming stupid board room [censored] holes. Go with Microsoft, yea they are safe. IDIOTS!!!!!
You can't DL M$ JVM via windows update, and i haven't been able to find it from their site...
I have it. VZ keeps a copy around on the intra net
© UGN Security Forum