UGN Security
Posted By: Dreadlord How to start coding in C++? - 02/12/03 11:33 PM
1. How to start? (book, site, dude...?)
2. How u started?
3. Should i go for C++ or some other C?
4. Any book?
5. Site...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/12/03 11:53 PM
1. go snag a dictionary from english to whatever the [censored] your home language is.
2. snag a few books from Barnes and Noble, Visual Quickstart Guides are good for beginners.
3. read the book, if you're in unix code your [censored], if you're in windows you need to get a c compiler
4. c#
5. there are many books.
6. start with a book...
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:04 AM
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

That's where I started. I downloaded the LCC compiler. Used the C tutorial some. Although mostly I go to http://msdn.microsoft.com to look up documentation.

You should go with C in my opinion. However if you have no previous programming experience, and you can't teach yourself, then this reply doesn't help you a bit.
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:08 AM
Barnes And Noble - writers or?
Any label you would recommend specially for a noob that want to know C Hardcore?

Why C# and not C++, whats the benefits?
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SilentRage:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/

That's where I started. I downloaded the LCC compiler. Used the C tutorial some. Although mostly I go to http://msdn.microsoft.com to look up documentation.

You should go with C in my opinion. However if you have no previous programming experience, and you can't teach yourself, then this reply doesn't help you a bit.
I have some expiriance whit Fortran .77, TurboPascal and some Basics of Java. Most things bout computers i learned myself. If u mean to see the commands, and link em yourself (find out for what they are) then we don't have a prob smile

And why C? Whats its benefits?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:12 AM
Barnes and Noble is a book store in the USA, they have an online store www.barnesandnoble.com if I recall.

C# is the newest lol, always good to keep new imo.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:26 AM
ok, I like how this topic is going. no damn long lines of 0's and 1's.

sweet [censored], if hardcore is what you're looking for. C is your man. LCC is great cause it DOES have a commandline compiler and a linker. However, it ALSO has a GUI which uses the compiler and linker for you at your convenience.

Here's the differences:

C: this is as low level as a high level language gets. This language is all about pointers and structures.

C++: this is fairly high level. You can still have C code in your programs and have pointers and all that. However this language is all about objects and classes. That makes coding a heck of a lot easier and faster.

C#: This is some microsoft piece of [censored] variation of the C language. I don't know much about it and I don't want to learn. The reason I say piece of [censored] is cause I don't like high overhead. I prefer to keep things lean and mean.
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:30 AM
Done - C++. Microsoft have too much holes (in amny ways) laugh . I agree whit you 'bout C#. Now what books would u reccomend me, or what way to learn it would you recommend me?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 12:35 AM
I told you how I learned it but I could embellish a bit. The way I learn is using reference materials and example code. I don't have the patience for books and tutorials cause I'm lazy. I gotta have a reason to do stuff. So I pick a project I'd like to do - something worth my time. Then I find some example code out there - preferably something simple and easy to read. Then I find myself a reference manual so that I can lookup whatever piece of information I need.

Here's a good source to find example code:
www.planetsourcecode.com

Here's a good reference source:
http://msdn.microsoft.com

Here's what I use if all else fails me:
www.google.com
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 08:44 AM
Quote:

Here's a good source to find example code:
www.planetsourcecode.com
I knew thisone, tho it doesn't have a code i would want. Do u know a place where i could find a Space Trading 'n' Fighting (+bots) MMORPG Source Code. Like Diaspora/exodus (www.netexdous.co.uk)/xiaspora (nigh.no-ip.net:100)?

And do you know where i could get a Worm/Virus Source Code. I am interested in Slammer

P.S. Not some lethal Viruses (like earesing HDD), just that puts defined screen on you PC whit some message smile And you can't remove it by just restarting the PC.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 10:00 AM
lol if thats all you're looking for learn about registry entries in your programs and then learn about full screen options and text scrolling, just for that it doens't sound all that difficult.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 02:40 PM
slammer is not a virus. slammer is a worm. Any decent programmer can make a worm. It takes REAL skill to make virus's. I'm sure there's tutorials out there that teach the concepts behind making virus's.

As for childishness that involves pranking people, go search for information yourself. I want this forum to have at least a LITTLE dignity.

As for games, again, you're on your own. google with search strings like "engine" and "MMORPG".
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 09:22 PM
Quote:
slammer is not a virus. slammer is a worm. Any decent programmer can make a worm. It takes REAL skill to make virus's. I'm sure there's tutorials out there that teach the concepts behind making virus's.
<ahem> its "It takes REAL skill to make virus'" its not proper to have "'s" after an "s" wink ...

Rage, at least he posted in the right forum smirk.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 09:37 PM
sr's way of saying it sounds a lot better. "it takes real skill to make virus" sounds like a mexican who is learning english. possibly, "it takes real skill to make A virus"
Posted By: Dreadlord Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/13/03 11:15 PM
Quote:
slammer is not a virus. slammer is a worm.
I said Worm/Virus :p
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/14/03 12:19 AM
The proper way to say virus plural is "viruses". I'm just unused to putting 'es' at the end of a word.

And gizmo, quit that stupid bs of correcting damn grammer and spelling. This isn't a preschool english language forum, it's C programming language forum.

*mumbles* sounds like I'm having my time of the month or something.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/14/03 12:32 AM
lol you do it to me on IRC all the time jackass... you are havng your time of the month, every newb wants to buy your anal afterall...
Posted By: Ice Re: How to start coding in C++? - 02/14/03 12:59 AM
go to http://packetstormsecurity.nl/papers.html
and read some papers on how to make Viruses/Worms
Posted By: Red Mage Re: How to start coding in C++? - 10/26/03 04:20 AM
I'm looking at making games (RPG style) do you know where I could find example code like that? (Not really that interested in hacking, just programming.)
Posted By: pergesu Re: How to start coding in C++? - 10/26/03 04:34 AM
Quote:
And gizmo, quit that stupid bs of correcting damn grammer and spelling.
You mean grammar wink
Posted By: zenon Re: How to start coding in C++? - 11/03/03 07:28 PM
1)Start from basics... get a good book explaining it from scratch oftenly designed for DOS console apps).
2) Get into it, make your own apps, lots of em (practice makes perfection). Get into higher-level books.
3) Get your hands on some university student-litterature...
4) Study more...

Well... that should cover it....
It will take time to master... but that's kind'a the toll you pay for
extensive knowledge.. right?
Posted By: zenon Re: How to start coding in C++? - 11/03/03 07:29 PM
Red Mage:
For gameprogramming... go learn OpenGL (quite easy)
or DirectX (higher level) which has lots of tutorials on how to program games and things of the like.
Posted By: paradox Re: How to start coding in C++? - 11/03/03 08:57 PM
Best way to learn viruses is learn how they work http://vx.netlux.org/ also known as virus heaven!
and for redmage's programming games question, :| can you even code efficently and do you know anything at all about how you would go about creating a game.. start by creating a MUD which is just text based.. then move onto actual graphics
Posted By: masterh4x0r89 Re: How to start coding in C++? - 11/04/03 11:28 PM
im new at c/c++ but i got a program that freazes your computer its simple stuf
and i got some spoofs nothing hard just do the repeat thing make the text long and do it a [censored] load of time
© UGN Security Forum