UGN Security
Posted By: psetus How to program a DOS TSR with VC++ - 10/22/02 10:06 PM
I'm wondering if anybody has any information or links to information about programming a dos tsr in VC++?

I'm trying to write two programs: one that captures all text that the console outputs and sends it to an lcd display through the parallel port, and another which will translate input from a 10key numpad through a serial port as text (ie. "1ENTER" = "a" "11ENTER" = "b" "2ENTER" = "d" etc). Both need to be tsrs...I can program everything (the keyboard stuffer, the hardware interfaces, etc) except for the tsr part.

Any advise is greatly appreciated! Thanks
./[psetus]
Posted By: SilentRage Re: How to program a DOS TSR with VC++ - 10/22/02 10:46 PM
I think this link shall tell you all you'll ever need to know. It's also very easy to understand and comes complete with example code. smile

http://www.funducode.com/freec/tsrs.htm

If you are unable to get it working in VC++ then I STRONGLY suggest that you use a different compiler. However, you should have no problem if you have already created true 16-bit DOS programs in VC++.
Posted By: psetus Re: How to program a DOS TSR with VC++ - 10/23/02 06:46 PM
Ok...VC++ 1.1 or something was the last version to create 16-bit programs. So I can't do that. Thanks for the help though : )

I don't have enough time to finish this to get another compiler, so I guess I'll just throw it out. Thanks again
© UGN Security Forum