UGN Security
Posted By: St4rCh1ld* Source code. - 02/18/03 12:32 PM
I've resently made a small program and converted into a .exe file.... then i somehow deleted all the files exept the .exe file...

Is there anyway i can get the source files back, so i can build some more on the program?

Any code cracker or any kind, so i can se the code and rebuild it, whit some more feauteres, couse i wasn't finisht with it yet.?

Please help.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Source code. - 02/18/03 08:29 PM
All depends on the language you used to create the file. There are decompilers out there for any language, but finding them for the specific language version can be a pain...

What's so special however?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Source code. - 02/18/03 08:46 PM
As far as I know, there are no decompilers for versions of Visual Basic past 3.0.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Source code. - 02/18/03 11:07 PM
Saw one for 4.0 when i was lookin for the latest frown ...
Posted By: St4rCh1ld* Re: Source code. - 02/24/03 08:41 AM
Ok, anything on how find out wich language a program is written in?
Posted By: pergesu Re: Source code. - 02/24/03 05:25 PM
Doubtful, if it's an EXE. EXEs are just binaries, and most languages can compile to binaries. Thus there's no way to tell what language it was originally written in, unless there's an About dialog that tells what language it's in.

For a decompiler, it'll decompile to assembly, so you'll have to learn that. Then you can convert all the assembly back to VB manually.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Source code. - 02/24/03 09:06 PM
you said that you wrote the program, and then lost your files, and now want to work on it more; however you go on to ask how to figure out which language the program is written in. if you wrote it, you should know what langauge you used.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Source code. - 02/24/03 11:16 PM
BS, we all know that he's bullshitting smirk...
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Source code. - 02/26/03 02:32 PM
i know...
© UGN Security Forum