UGN Security
Posted By: Ntd Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 08/25/03 10:44 AM
Hey i am into counter-strike and i like to play my friends over the internet however we usally meet on msn and so on... but if one of us is late we change our nicks to the servers ip, but leaving msn on for me lags the hell out of me (56k) so is there a way i can make a program that shows the cs server i am on but doesn't us alot of bandwidth?
Posted By: Nem2k Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 08/25/03 09:07 PM
There is an option for that in HLSW ( http://www.hlsw.org/?language=English ) but it's only for mIRC.

Maybe you should download it and study how it works then start making your own for MSN..
Posted By: Ntd Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 08/28/03 07:27 AM
Cool thanks.
Posted By: n0mel Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 04/30/04 04:32 PM
if you had access to a webserver, and somehow let your progrom know/find what server your on, you could upload the info to a webserver.
Posted By: Ntd Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 04/30/04 05:00 PM
thats a nice idea. However Serria has updated their online gaming system now and it includes a chat program laugh (they do listen!). Thanks for the surgestion mate.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 05/01/04 04:04 AM
Dear lord, I thought he was out of line posting on 3 month old questions, but a year and a half?
Posted By: n0mel Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 05/01/04 04:25 AM
hey, i provide suggestions and help if I can. you have to realise people besides the writters of the original question will read this. you're making an archive of knowledge, not just a "chat board", so, why would time between posts matter?
Posted By: ashgray2 Re: Using Vb and Counter-Strike - 06/04/09 02:09 AM
There is no need to create a VB program for communicating to a chat server for CS.
Sierra provided a new innovation in their systems a wide chat room for online players.
I tried it, it really communicates but certain it has a delay, it depends in you internet connection speed.
© UGN Security Forum