UGN Security
Posted By: EndGame Movie: Troy - 07/15/05 03:43 PM
Film: Troy
Genre: Action/Love Story
Rating: 4/5

Review

Brad Pitt plays the part of Achilles in Homer's great epic Troy. Never before has Homer's work been more admired by the opposite sex.

For those of you who never had to sit through a literary analytical lecture, the year was 1193 B.C. and adultry began to flourish at a remarkable rate. Prince of Troy, Paris (Orlando Bloom) slaps Helen, Queen of Sparta, across the face with his masive dong and manages to lure her away from her husband, Menelaus (Brendan Gleeson). Ferility and honor at stake, Menelaus declares war against Troy.
The Greeks sail to Troy and lay siege.

Thats the story.
The genius of it is that director Wolfgang Petersen focuses more on the love affair itself rather than taking a traditional approach of over-dramatising the fight scenes.

Not to be outdone, however, Petersen's fight scenes are amazing and are said to rival the seige at Helms Deep in The Lord of the Rings.

Reviewers Note

A great movie that is currently off the circuit and available on DVD. The DVD features offer the usual directors commentary, alternate endings and a huge array of deleted scenes.
Yea, Brad does it again.
A Good Buy.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Movie: Troy - 07/15/05 10:22 PM
I had wondered about this film; it did look quite interesting but I didn't want to bump it to the top of my netflix list to be let down... Looks likeit may be good enough to do just that though wink
Posted By: EndGame Re: Movie: Troy - 07/19/05 07:03 AM
its length was [censored] too mate
something close to 3hours
it was like Titanic all over again with the only upside of blood-and-gore in the fight scenes wink
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Movie: Troy - 07/19/05 07:34 AM
NAh, if you want a good long movie go check out Atilla; that's good watching...
Posted By: EndGame Re: Movie: Troy - 07/19/05 07:59 AM
yea, hired that on DVD.
u watched Alexader? (with Colling Farrel)
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Movie: Troy - 07/19/05 08:26 AM
Nope
Posted By: EndGame Re: Movie: Troy - 07/19/05 08:29 AM
hmm, im drive by posting (as u adequately put it at one time) at the moment but il post up a review soon as im settled.
Posted By: hellotracy Re: Movie: Troy - 08/17/09 02:28 PM
this movie is great ... Brad's body was sooooooooo hot in this movie
© UGN Security Forum