UGN Security
Posted By: Gremelin Perl Scripts - 03/02/02 07:42 AM
Does anyone know enough about perl to want to help out UGN with some script building and modification? Please reply to this post if so.
Posted By: Kryptic Codez Re: Perl Scripts - 03/04/02 01:33 PM
Possibly, depending on what you want. I am a web developer, but haven't used perl all that much. Although I may know enough to help out, depending on how involved the project is.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Perl Scripts - 03/04/02 02:08 PM
Well, a few things really, i need to have a script LIKE my download.cgi made up, which basically lets you choose which hosts can download files, and the location of the files, BUT i need to have something that logs how many times files are downloaded.

Another that i need is a link.cgi which logs how many times a user goes to a site through it, it'd be much like the one presently used only have a gui to look at to change information etc.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Perl Scripts - 03/04/02 09:53 PM
hrm, well, if you pay me I'll make anything you want. wink Neither one of those things sounded easy enough for me to do just cause I love ya.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Perl Scripts - 03/04/02 10:27 PM
no buttseks for you!
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Perl Scripts - 03/05/02 10:49 PM
http://deathskitchen.promodtecnologies.com/Ranking/topsites.html

How is that for your link thing? I can get you that... Fairly easy to set up too. You can set it up to dissplay more stats... or less, it has an admin center that allows total configuration. I helped Mustard set this one up. Kinda a pain cause when you edit the HTML to get it to look the way you want, it screwed up the only file it tells you not to **** with. But I never foloowed rules.

Edit that one file after you make the cosmetic changes. It's magic, it works. If you are intrested, P/M me. I'll get you the script.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Perl Scripts - 03/06/02 12:39 AM
i actually just want something simple, not like a banner swap hehe..

i have it now that you can just www.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/link.cgi?http://rrfn.promodtecnologies.com

and it will log how often its accessed, and everything else heh.
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Perl Scripts - 03/06/02 01:39 AM
That is basicaly what this dose, and you can configure if you want banners or not, how many get to show their banners (top 10 or 5 or what ever.) And it is a competiotion thing. That means more hits to you. laugh
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Perl Scripts - 03/06/02 02:06 AM
where can i dl it at? i could setup topsites.undergroundnews.com or somethin
Posted By: Le4rner Re: Perl Scripts - 03/06/02 04:53 AM
Check yo e-mail laugh
© UGN Security Forum