UGN Security
Posted By: Cold Sunn a PHP host - 09/22/02 05:09 AM
Even though everyone says it is easy to find a good free php host, I find it hard. i found maybe 3 of them, and they all sucked. They sucked so bad, it was such an immense waste of time. that site that has a list of "free php hosts" is bullshit and was also a waste of time. No offense to anyone who told me otherwise.

http://lycos.co.uk supports php, unlimited bandwidth and 50 megs. You get ftp access also, which i like alot. There is a really annoying ad on your site "once a day" but if you would rather take the 2 minutes to sign up than install apache and php on your system, then I think it is worth it.

I am sure there is a better free php host out there, so i hope someone posts it.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: a PHP host - 09/22/02 09:47 AM
heck yeah! self-hosting all the way baby. Just gotta be willing to fork out the cash for a decent connection speed. But a good connection speed is useful for a lot of things, so it's worth it IMHO. Free hosting, free domains... it's all you have to pay extra for.
Posted By: pergesu Re: a PHP host - 09/22/02 02:34 PM
Yeah, I host my site on my computer too. I love it. I get whatever services I need (assuming they're available for free) and I can easily change update my site. Best of all, I don't pay a cent, cause we have that fast connection anyway.
Posted By: Le4rner Re: a PHP host - 09/24/02 12:24 AM
Thanks Cold Sunn

I agree there are many dead ends looking for free PHP hosting.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: a PHP host - 09/26/02 07:39 PM
yeah but c'mon peoples, there are good php hosts too, go to www.tophosts.com and you'll have many links there to some great php hosts. If not than i suggest you www.hostonce.com a great and cheap one. If you still can't find what you want, contact me, i'll sure help you.

cya
© UGN Security Forum