UGN Security
Posted By: Infinite Not Acceptable - 07/16/05 04:47 PM
Quote:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi could not be found on this server.
Get this when trying to respond to the [censored]-throwing thread in VIP. You know the one I mean... The current one...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Not Acceptable - 07/17/05 02:07 AM
Yeh, certain "words" in a request are banned via the security script (as any input from the forum are post/get requests)... These issues have to be worked on one at a time in the security script; I've updated it due to this one as the item it was blocking was completely pointless wink .
Posted By: Infinite Re: Not Acceptable - 09/24/05 12:32 PM
happening again... this time I'm trying to post a new topic to the web design forum...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Not Acceptable - 09/24/05 05:07 PM
The forum you're posting in doesn't matter; what does matter is what is being posted... Damned anal security script smirk...

Looks like the payload it's whining about is your perl path; just nuke it from your post and you should be good (mark is /path/to/perl as the path can vary anyway)
Posted By: Infinite Re: Not Acceptable - 09/24/05 05:23 PM
You mean the #! line INSIDE the damn code block? That's retarded.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Not Acceptable - 09/24/05 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinite:
You mean the #! line INSIDE the damn code block? That's retarded.
Yes, the securitry script is setup to block many many exploits, such as creating a perl script using a malformed header for example (which is what this one is setup for in this case).
© UGN Security Forum