UGN Security
Posted By: ZER0_DECEPTION The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 07/30/08 05:22 AM
Hello,

For the last couple days I've been unable to access thepiratebay.org. Does anyone know if the Swedish feds shut them down or something? Or is it just my DNS server?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 07/30/08 08:41 AM
I can access it just fine; I'm also using OpenDNS for my DNS vs relying on my [censored] ISP (Comcast)...

See OpenDNS
Posted By: ZER0_DECEPTION Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/03/08 07:11 AM
Yeah, the site is working fine for me now. Actually, it started cooperating the next time I tried it. Must have just been down for updates or something.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/03/08 12:47 PM
I checked it on our ping application (see the file sharing list on the main page) and it was down when you said it was, but the odd part was, i could connect to it without issue...
Posted By: §intå× Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/05/08 12:40 AM
The pirate bay should never be down. their network is I believe based on world wide cloud computing. IF the feds ever come back in and raid them, another server in another country will just come online with all data already loaded. Now this is great for the network but... Those pesky stats the Feds and RIAA like so much with you IP would also be in multiple countries. If you use TPB make sure you have a few proxies to loop through. That or a starbucks open wi fi.
Posted By: ZER0_DECEPTION Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/05/08 03:37 AM
What is TPB? Also, when you say, "make sure you have a few proxies to loop through", won't that slow down the download speeds? I only have 3.0 MBS for three computers and one is always downloading so I burn my bandwidth pretty quickly.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/05/08 09:11 AM
Oh comeon ZD... TPB == The Pirate Bay...

And if I haven't been busted for pirating, I doubt you will be wink...
Posted By: ZER0_DECEPTION Re: The Pirate Bay- shut down? - 08/06/08 01:07 AM
Haha, oh yeah TPB, the pirate bay... I new that... ahem. **shoots self**
© UGN Security Forum