UGN Security
Posted By: §intå× gmail down? - 10/03/05 06:36 PM
when I go to http://www.gmail.com I get

Quote:

We're sorry. This invitation is not valid. We monitor invitations to protect our users and to prevent abuse. If you'd like to sign up for Gmail, you can now do so using your mobile phone. Click here to sign up (US only). Otherwise, please ask a friend with an account to invite you directly.
Aren't they out of beta stage?
Posted By: pergesu Re: gmail down? - 10/03/05 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:
Aren't they out of beta stage?
No. Look at the logo. It still says Google Beta
Posted By: §intå× Re: gmail down? - 10/03/05 08:13 PM
Hmmm, that is odd, it seems I was sent an invite this weekend that I had been sent before for google talk. When I clicked it I got

Quote:

We're sorry. This invitation is not valid. We monitor invitations to protect our users and to prevent abuse. If you'd like to sign up for Gmail, you can now do so using your mobile phone. Click here to sign up (US only). Otherwise, please ask a friend with an account to invite you directly.
It was not till I cleared me cache, history and cookies that I was able to login to gmail.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: gmail down? - 10/04/05 02:00 AM
Did you try actually going to the mail site?
http://mail.google.com/

Also, if they where out of beta they'd offer the public access to make accounts without an invite; additionally you woudln't be able to send invites wink .
Posted By: Artic Warrior Re: gmail down? - 10/04/05 09:16 AM
Is it unusual for them to take so long to get out of beta mode?
People initially got 50 invites and they upped that to 100. They even replenish them.

Oh and it wasnt down for me
Posted By: Gremelin Re: gmail down? - 10/04/05 10:58 AM
They'll beta it as long as they want... They may even keep it Invite Only, it wouldn't be their only service (see ORKut, their "People Networking" community).
Posted By: Spyrios Re: gmail down? - 10/10/05 08:52 PM
Speaking of I have 100 invites so if you know people who have been in a cave for a year let me know and i'll shoot some invites out.
Posted By: §intå× Re: gmail down? - 10/10/05 09:04 PM
lol between my accounts I have 500.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: gmail down? - 10/11/05 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by �int��:
lol between my accounts I have 500.
Thank god, I'm not the only one with a ton of GMail accounts lol... I like to use 'em for storage wink ...
© UGN Security Forum