UGN Security
Posted By: $500,000 Bentley burning trash - 01/29/03 11:03 PM
i have a phyics project.i have to come up with an idea for resources of energy.i think burning trash is a good substitute for coal or oil.anybody know if this is plausible?
Posted By: Gremelin Re: burning trash - 01/30/03 03:57 AM
Search google for combustion. Its a plausable way to have energy, but if you want to be technical you can get a desiel engine and filter used cooking oil and add 3 ingrediants (including alcohol) and you can power the engine for a while wink ... But that'd be a lot of meals to fill your tank lol
Posted By: Scalli0n Re: burning trash - 01/30/03 04:19 AM
Burning trash isn't really plausible due to the heterogenous nature of trash.

The stuff is a mixup of everything: tires, coffee grinds, diapers, lots of paper, stuff like that (mainly paper.)

Paper generates lots of bad stuff, tires...*whoa*, and many of the things we throw out (plastic!!) have chemicals for which high energy (fire) acts as a catalyst and releases harmful vapors which have no use.

Try something like superconductor-based turbines maybe?
Posted By: ohfuk Re: burning trash - 01/30/03 04:14 PM
im 99% sure that they actually do this in boston because thats where my families from and im 100% sure that they used to. the trash trucks go right to the energy factories and they worked out something to make it work. look into it bently
Posted By: Gremelin Re: burning trash - 01/30/03 07:26 PM
ohfuk, do you even know how many differant TYPES of alternative energy that there is? You do realise that the only reason that we're not using them is because the US makes so god damned much on oil/gas each year that they don't want it to go. We'll learn eventually when people put two things together:

1. Oil cools and acts as a lubracant.
2. Oil is from the earth.

Humm, that would state that the oil is for cooling of the earth! What a stupid species we are if we're so narrow minded to even keep that in mind lol...

We'll learn eventually, when we're all dead..
Posted By: snakebyte Re: burning trash - 10/05/04 08:46 AM
lol, lil off topic smile but yea im with gizmo the U. S. of A. is making billions out the ying-yang off of coal and oil. most popular non oil coal resource is solar, look into it.
Posted By: Gremelin Re: burning trash - 10/06/04 05:27 AM
This thread was 2 years dead; stop bringing up ancient posts!
© UGN Security Forum