UGN Security
Posted By: Curse Chatting - 09/26/02 02:55 AM
Just to let you guys know, UGN has an IRC Server for chatting. For those of whom are not familiar, it is an advanced chat forum somewhat like a normal chat room, but it has more features.
If you would like to join us and chat you can use the jIRC client on the board, it is located near the bottom of UBB Main Page(where the forums are listed). It may say no one is in the chat, but it is often very deceiving. And for those who have IRC clients, irc.undergroundnews.com 6667, #undergroundnews. Another note for people using the jIRC client, once you are connected, change your nickname to your UBB/Forum nickname, this can be achieved by typing "/nick your-nick-here" (without the quotation marks) into the text bar at the bottom of the channel(chat room) window and pressing the enter key.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Chatting - 09/28/02 05:41 PM
i think when it says no one is in the chat it means that no one who is logged onto the board is using the jirc.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Chatting - 09/28/02 06:27 PM
well i'm not sure about that really, but i noticed that too, last nite we were around 8 users and 5 guests online, and it was still sayin that 1 user is in the chatroom, and when i joined there was around 7. so i really dunno.

Could it be a bug or something ?
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Chatting - 09/28/02 08:37 PM
No, it is as BackSlash said. It's the number of users using jIRC that's in the chat room. It's not a bug.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Chatting - 09/28/02 11:39 PM
Thanks for explanations SiletRange, it was really weird you know that thing, but the chat itself is pretty good i think.
Posted By: SilentRage Re: Chatting - 09/29/02 12:33 AM
jIRC sucks. Get mIRC www.mirc.com and use it. For linux users, BitchX is the best.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Chatting - 09/29/02 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by black^Pimp:
Thanks for explanations SiletRange, it was really weird you know that thing, but the chat itself is pretty good i think.
he didn't explain a damn thing, merely said that i was correct. i don't understand some people. it works like this... if you log into the board and then click the jirc it counts you as being in there. however, it does not count people that connect through irc clients such as mirc, bitchx, etc. its not a bug.
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Chatting - 09/29/02 08:41 AM
Man chill out what's wrong with ya huh ?
i understood that already, it's damn ok now.

P.S. SilentRage don't wory i use mIRC sincle 4 years now, but i never used BitchX
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Chatting - 09/29/02 08:14 PM
sorry sorry, to many new people on the board lately, i get tired of hearing the same questions with easy answers over and over again. geuss i can't talk though, i did it myself and still do half the time.
Posted By: Cold Sunn Re: Chatting - 09/29/02 08:16 PM
lol. he doesn't like you, that's all. BS, the reason he said thanks to SR is probably that he saw his post before yours, look at the post order. Most people check the posts after their last one.
Posted By: BackSlash Re: Chatting - 09/30/02 12:30 AM
umm... curse posted, then i posted, then he posted. and he posted an hour after i did. that means i had already posted when he read this topic...
Posted By: Gremelin Re: Chatting - 09/30/02 08:07 PM
Well with the new board upgrade (when i get the money to pay for access) we'll have more features plus i'll change the wordlets setting to say "# newbies loged in from the forum." or something
Posted By: Deviation187 Re: Chatting - 10/05/02 05:50 PM
oooh man havent been in the irc for a long time now that im ever hardly online since school and skating have taken away all my computer time, oh and my aunt who is like a teenage girl always on the phone! >_<
Posted By: black^Pimp Re: Chatting - 10/05/02 07:26 PM
Cold Sunn i didn't say i don't like BS, he's cool, but now when i check the posts i see i did a mistake but anywayz won't happen again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
Well with the new board upgrade (when i get the money to pay for access) we'll have more features plus i'll change the wordlets setting to say "# newbies loged in from the forum." or something
soon Gizmo.. soon !!!
© UGN Security Forum